Esmarda

"So you saw the fall? In your visions?" Toria asks in a bemused tone, as if she was asking herself.

"I experienced it if anything," I start pacing,"it felt like I was there. I was you, I felt the fall, I heard the screams, and I watched it from your eyes."

"But...but how? I have heard of people gifted with sight but never to this extent. What are we going to do?" Fred utters the words, they're coated in a tone of fear and worry.

"I'm sorry, but visiting hours are now over. Please let Ms. Victoria rest." a nursed butts into the room, leaving as quickly as she came. We take ourselves to the hallway and all sigh in defeat. The air hangs heavy as we exit, George's hand sneaking into mine. He grips with a fervor as he rushes towards the door, leaving his twin in our wake.

~~~~~~~~~~

The way home was utterly silent, making me thankful to be back at the burrow. I wander the hills and admire the greenery, drinking in the momentary peace.  What will I do with this new gift? There's no one who can help if no one else has it. I don't want to tell anyone if they'll see me as a freak of nature for it, but it may be too late as I have told the twins. They may be my best friends but they inevitably will spill to someone. They like the advantage of knowledge. The grass is slightly wet with dew as I sit to watch the evening pass. I lay back and suddenly I am taken to the beach again. It is different. There is no man, no storm, and no paralysis. The sand is warm beneath my feet and the sun bathes my face in a golden glow. I walk along the shoreline unsure of what may come; feeling no sense of unease, only a radiant calm. Almost happiness as I walk alone in a paradise of sorts. It feels right, I belong in this place.

"Hello, Darling." The voice of a woman trails me. I turn to see someone who looks like the older version of myself. Like who I hope to be in years to come. She is as beautiful as the scenery around us. She reaches out a hand and beckons me closer, and– for an unknown reason– I oblige. I connect our hands and study her face as she gives me a small welcoming smile.

"I felt the same way when I traversed realms for the first time. It feels foreign at first, you will adjust with time." She pulls my other hand in hers softly, greeting me like she has known me forever.

"Who are you?" I breathe out. It comes out as nearly a whisper, one could mistake it for wind if they were not paying attention.

"I know you don't recognize me (Y/n). Your father had very few pictures of us and you were so small when I was taken. What I mean to say, is that I am your mother. A rather proud mother at that. I didn't think you would take to the gift so quickly, but I feel the power of it within you. It is stronger than my own already." Her words are sweet like a song as they send me reeling with emotions. My eyes sting and my breath hitches, overwhelmed by the immense joy and confusion.

"M-Mom? You're here? But how? And gift, what gift?" A shaky breath escapes and she pulls me into a prolonged embrace. She looks over my face and studies it, seeing the loss and confusion she begins to speak again.

"Sweetheart, we are travelers. It is a rare gift that witches of our bloodline receive. You can visit any and all realms from the spirit to the astral. I know that is a lot to process, so I will give you time to think. Just know that right now you are with me in the spirit world, well my spirit world. The one you have been seeing has been seized in the clutches of an energy unknown to myself. He is curious about your gift. Be wary of his warning should it be needed. Now you and I both must be going, Molly is worried sick. I love you, stay safe!" As her word fades I wake with a start and find myself in darkness. How long have I been out here? It felt like seconds, a moment even. I haul to my feet and set off back towards the house, finding my footing dizzying and my head in a daze. I can see the light of the kitchen window before I fall back to the ground, hearing the rushing of feet in the grass.

~~~~~~~~~~

"D'ya think she'll be alright?" I hear the whisper as I come to on the couch of the burrow. I take in my surroundings and recognize the parlor. A small fire brews in the fireplace, the clock ticks quietly away, and the voice I heard travels from somewhere off to my right. I look out the window to see the early morning sun slipping over the horizon. Into my view comes Remus, brows furrowed in worry. His eyes brighten as he sees my own open and observing. "She'll be just fine, if she is anything like her mother." He smiles at me quickly, then  directs his words at me. "Good morning, you need to go easy on yourself. You had quite the episode last evening. I didn't know you had a gift like Esmarda. I have made you some tea, drink up and then we'll talk some."
I sit up slowly and give him a nod, grasping the steaming tea that sits on the table with both hands. Arthur comes into my field of view, a relieved look on his face. He plops heavily into the armchair and gives me a firm nod before opening his mouth,  "Molly, Tonks, and the boys will be happy to see you up. Molly about gave herself a heart attack. We're glad to have you back upright."

I give him  a grateful smile and return to the tea, sipping it slowly to regain my strength and composure. It feels as though I have been asleep for a week. I set the tea down swiftly and stretch out my arms, a yawn escaping my mouth. I hear the pounding of feet down the stairs and hear the twins gasp at the back of my head.

"Thank Merlin! You're alright!"