Sigils

It's as if the garden is it's own little Utopia, charmed into permanent flourish. I scan the entrance across from me, it seemingly let out of the castle, I had never seen anything like it. I knew of every nook and cranny of the place in my time wandering around, so what could this be? I stood hesitantly, admiring the soft crunch of the grass under my feet. Tiptoeing slowly towards the small stone archway, and ducking between ornate pillars. The opening was hidden, as if it was never meant ro have been discovered. I reached the opening and ran my hand along the frame, it was covered in strange markings— sigils. One looked like a crudely drawn face, another was geometric with harsh lines forming interlocking triangles, and many more mimicked both life and magic.
     "Did you like what I have made for you?" a voice startled me from within the indecently lit passage. I jumped in fright slowly backing away from the source. It was a mans voice it sounded sage and wise, yet hardened and blunt.
     "Who are you?" I managed to spit back.
     I could hear the smirk in his delighted response, "All will be revealed, in time. Take care until we meet again." I heard his footsteps retreat and waited until I could no longer hear them to flee back to from where I'd come.
     I arrived back in the hospital wing out of breath and indisputably confounded by what I'd seen and heard.
     "Ms. Lupin, are you alright?" Professor McGonagall asks, politely setting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled up at her in response, unable to form words. "Sit down, dear. Take a breath," she exclaimed and ushered me to a chair.
"I'm alright, just tired from the run back," I lied. I had absolutely no reason to lie, I don't know why I did. I guess I didn't want to worry anyone, but the Professor should hear about this. It'll have to wait.

WRITERS NOTE!
Hi I'm aware that my constant lack of update and ungodly ling hiatuses are incredibly annoying and I'm so sorry. I wish I could write more, but I go to school 9 to 5 work 6 to 2 and have to clean and cook and deal with depression. I know none of these are good excuses so I promise some more updates really soon. I love you all!
Read, think, and be Merry!
</3 AESMC Ulicny

P.S. I am working on my first novel to be published too!