Gone

When we arrived home there was no sign of my Dad. I looked around the entire house hoping to find him, but yet nothing. Hagrid stayed and helped me search until he came back from the kitchen with a letter. "It's for you..." Hagrid said with a sad look on his face. So I read it...

Dear Princess,
My darling, it is time for me to explain to you something that I was never meant to tell you. If you remember, I used to tell you stories of my time at Hogwarts. I told you of my friends and I told what happened to them after Hogwarts. I told you about Moony, I told you I was Padfoot, but I had forgotten to mention who Prongs was. Prongs, was Mr. James Potter. He was my best friend, partner in crime, and your godfather. We caused all kinds of trouble for the right reasons. We even joined the Order together. That's what lead to what I am to tell you next. The night you're mum died, James and his wife Lily died too. You're mum's death wasn't an accident and neither was Prongs'. You're mum was visiting Lily, to take you to see their son,Harry. We had been fighting he who must not named and they were in a secret location, but someone told where they were. Peter Petigrew, or you may know him better as Wormtail, gave them away. That night many years ago your mother took you to see Harry Potter, not knowing that when you got there she would die. He who must not be named killed her right in front of your eyes. I am sorry that I must tell you this now, but you must know that they believe it was I who gave away James and Lily. Princess, you need to know that I did not do this. I was trying to protect them, no matter what people say otherwise. You must know that I love you, Princess. You are forever in my heart, and I hope that we see each other soon. From now on Remus and Tonks will take care of you. I'm sorry and I love you.

Yours Truly,
Dad

As I read the letter tears began to fall. My mum was brutally killed, my Dad was gone, and my life in ruins. I must've shown my true feelings because Hagrid simply hugged me and didn't let go. What am I to do now? I will still go to Hogwarts, Dad would want that. I also must avenge my father. I will find Peter Petigrew and I will learn to the best my abilities, so that I may avenge my family and the Potters. I will befriend Harry Potter, and we will bring justice.