Flowers

"You really thought that dueling was a proper punishment for hurting one of your best friends?" I ask George as I pace at the foot of his bed. He had been dueling some twat of a Gryffindor who decided that he didn't like Toria so pushing her down The stairs was a fitting way to express that, apparently. "In my defense I-" He started. I cut him off saying, "In your defense? The poor bloke was left near dead and you look like someone tried to stab you to death! As if you didn't already have issues, this, Georgie, makes me worry. I get it I'm as mad, if not even more mad, as you are; but that DOES NOT MEAN I GO AROUND TRYING TO KILL PEOPLE! What were you thinking? Wait until your mother and father hear about this, they'll have a cow! Imagine the look on your mother's face when she reads that letter-" I started lecturing him. "It might look somewhat like yours, worried yet proud." He laughed, amused at himself. "Yes, I'm proud, but that does not lessen my point! You could've died, George!" I admit, sitting at his bed side. He looks at me, amused and almost happy. It's as if this means nothing to him. Toria has two broken legs and a fractured collarbone, and a possible concussion; he's covered in gashes and scrapes, likely to have internal damage; and they've left Fred and I to suffer the sight of them."If you'd have been there you'd have done the same thing," he muttered quietly to himself. I just laugh and pat his hand with my own, as to neither confirm or deny his statement. Madam Pomfrey walks over to begin another round of treatments and I excuse myself to the hallway with Freddie. "Who was it?" I ask hastily, walking off to the side. "I'm not sure, one of Oliver's old buddies maybe?" He shrugs. "What would Oli ever have to do with this?" I ask exasperated at the thought. "He's Oli now, is he?" He smirks. "That's not my point, Fred!" I grunt in frustration and rush off. I'm not sure where I'm really going. Watching the floor and following where my instincts tell me to go. I wind through the hallways of the castle, eventually raising my head as the corridors become empty. I admire the delicate decoration of the walls as I stroll by, watching the way the lines meet to create arcs and doorways alike. I find myself in an empty courtyard, yet full of life. The flowers seem to ignore the cold and bloom as if they are in season, vines crawl up pillars and around statues, and ornate benches are left seemingly never sat upon. I lightly set myself down on one and take in my surroundings. I cannot shake the feeling that I am being watched, and yet I know no one is here.