Love

"There you are! I've been looking for you for ages!" Fred exclaims as i sit down next to him on the shore of the black lake. "You seem to have been lounging not looking." I quip back. "I looked and didn't find, so I sat down and waited for you to find me." He defends. I hum in response and open my book, letting the silence surround us, but it wasn't really silent at all. Waves silently hit the shore, birds are chirping, a light breeze rustles the trees, and off in the distance some first years scream in glee while messing about. "You're far too quiet. What's up?" Freddy snatches at my book, but i turn just in time for him to miss it. "Lots to think on and not enough time to think on it." I respond. He just sighs and leaves a moment of silence.
"Then why're you reading?"
"Whatdya mean?"
"You have so much to think on and not enough time to think on it, but you have enough time to read?"
"Reading clears my head."
"That's the most twisted thing I've ever heard."
"Where's thing two?" I change the subject. He rolls his eyes and suggestively elbows me. "You're favorite is, unfortunately, with Angie." He gives a sympathetic smile. "I've got a date with Wood anyway. I'm over him." I explain as I turn the page. "With Wood? That is a later conversation. How can you just give up?"
"Because I wasn't getting anywhere."
"You were closer than ever."
"He's got Angie now, he'll be fine."
"It's not him I'm worrying about. I'm worried about my real best friend!"
"I'm your real best friend? What was i before fake?"
"No, I just have always said George is my best friend and it'll break his heart if I tell him you took his spot."
"Awwwww Freddie. That's so sweet."
"Alright shove off, don't expect me to be sweet all the time."
"I don't. Anyways, I'm alright, Freddie. I'm just not gonna try to force anything that's all." I lean onto him and return to reading my book as he rest his head on mine. "I wonder if this is why people think we're dating?" Fred wonders out loud. "Doubt it. I think people realize that I have a different relationship with each of you." I respond. He hums im agreement and we return to the loud silence.