Chapter 51-60

Chapter 51 Sending a Letter

  Xue Aiying didn't ask Zhan Aiping to borrow milk, so she went to another lactating family and asked her sister-in-law to borrow milk. The sister-in-law of the Tian family happened to have a lot of milk, so she agreed.

  This led to trouble. Xue Aiying's grandson had a fever and vomited that night, which frightened the whole family. The child cried and fussed, crying in a low voice, like a cat meowing, which was scary.

  "Big elbow, my big elbow, don't cry-"

  There was a quarrel in the house next door, and they were sent to the military hospital that night. The adults in the family, including Xue Aiying, Sister-in-law Zhou, and Deputy Head Qian, all went to watch over the child, leaving the two girls at home.

  Zhan Aiping asked the two little girls to come home to have dinner, and then asked them to wait at home for the adults to come back.

  Zhan Aiping sighed. Originally, the child from the Qian family was fine. Although he had lost a little weight, he was not ill. Now he was about to be sent to the hospital.

  Gu Sheng heard the crying and hugged his own pot of meat: "The child is too young, crying is really uncomfortable."

  "Raising children is not easy, so we have to be careful and pay attention to hygiene, especially when we have two children. If one is sick, the other is easily infected. If the two children get into trouble together, it will be over."

  Gu Sheng wiped the child's mouth: "Fortunately, we have Dr. Zhan at home. Wife, you are a doctor. You can't panic. You have to calm down."

  "No one can be calm when facing their own children." Zhan Aiping picked up the little glutinous rice balls and gently touched the child's face. "Thankfully there is no winter here, otherwise I am really afraid that the child will catch cold. Such a small child will get sick. Taking medicine is very distressing."

  When the child next door recovered from illness, Xue Aiying made a fuss with Tian's sister-in-law, complaining that she had borrowed "poisonous milk." Tian's sister-in-law was not someone to be trifled with. Yes, I lent it to you with good intentions, but now you blame me. My child ate it without any problem, but who knows what else you fed your child..."

  Li Yuxia was pregnant and ran out to persuade her. Political Commissar Zhang followed her frightenedly, "Stop making trouble, stop making trouble, calm down, old lady, go back and take care of your grandson carefully."

  The child of the Qian family next door was well, but something was wrong with the child's mother, sister-in-law Zhou. She was so frightened that her milk was gone. Xue Aiying was so anxious that she scolded her for being useless: "Now you don't even have milk. No, how can you feed my little grandson..."

  They didn't dare to feed them milk powder. The child had diarrhea after eating milk powder, had a bad gastrointestinal condition, and was crying and fussing. Now, Xue Aiying didn't dare to ask someone to borrow milk. "Is it possible that I need to feed him rice soup?"

  When the house next door became such a commotion, Zhan Aiping went to help Sister-in-law Zhou to clear her breasts. She was experienced and had good techniques. She gave her another dose of medicine, which is the usual breast-clearing medicine here. She reminded Sister-in-law Zhou: "You Don't let your mother-in-law rub it around anymore. You raised your two daughters well before, so you can raise them the same way as before."

  Sister-in-law Zhou's face was really ugly. She smiled bitterly: "My mother-in-law is here. It would be better if she didn't come before. She is not willing to come and take care of my two daughters. I have resentment in my heart. I gave birth to a son this time. I thought to myself It's time for her to come, and she did come, it's better not to come."