Chapter 4

It had been a few days since the test and Leon was pretty sure that Sessa could do better, she just needed training with something other than a spear. Today Sessa was moving a little slower than normal and was lagging behind her sister who had already left for the day.

Leon: Sessa, do you mind coming here?

Sessa looked around to make sure that he was talking to her. Realizing he was in fact talking to her she made her way over to him.

Sessa: Yes?

As Rose came back out it could be seen that the rack had several different weapons on it, ranging from a sword to a maul and everything in between.

Leon: I wanted to check something. You don't seem to be very good with a spear, so that could mean that you might be better off with a different weapon.

He could see that as she was looking over what was on the rack of weapons that her eyes seemed to be avoiding the large two-handed weapons.

Leon: So, when you have found something you think you might want to try we will train with it a bit to see if it is a good match for you.

Sessa had a confused look on her face.

Sessa: Wait, just me and you?

Leon: Yes, if we are going to do this properly we need to find a weapon you are comfortable with.

After a moment she reached for a sword and the practicing started. After a few hours and a few weapons later Irya had shown up looking for Leon. When she arrived she saw Sessa trying to use a rapier, noting that she seemed to have the nimbleness for it but the weapon wasn't the right size for her and that was likely throwing her off. She waited as they went through several more weapons and eventually Sessa left several hours later.

Leon: Oh, did you need something Irya?

Irya: I had been wondering if you knew where Sidra was, I needed something made but I hadn't seen her.

Leon: Last I had seen Sidra she was somewhere near the dining room.

Irya: Okay, thanks.

After a pause she decided to add.

Irya: Also, I saw her trying to use the rapier. If she had one properly sized for her she might do better.

Leon: Oh, well thank you for that insight.

With that Irya was on her way.

Leon: Rose, do you think you could find Sidra?

Rose beamed when asked that.

Rose: Of course I can!

With that Rose started sniffing as they started looking for Sidra, Rose had definitely inherited her mother's nose. After around an hour of searching Rose managed to find Sidra in the hallway outside of where her forge was.

Sidra: Oh, hello you two. Did you need something?

Rose shook her head.

Rose: Nope! I just wanted to see you, Dad's the one that needs something.

Sidra smiled at that.

Sidra: Oh? And what does Uncle Leon need?

Leon: Do you think you could make a gnoll-sized training rapier?

Sidra: It would be the first time I've made one but it should be doable.

Leon: Okay, thanks. How is Rina doing?

Sidra: She's doing okay. I'll let you know when it's ready.

With that Rose and Leon walked a little bit away while Sidra went in to start her forge up.

Leon: So, was there anything you wanted to do Rose?

Rose got an ecstatic look in her eyes when he asked.

Rose: Yes!

There was something that she had seen Dad doing with Mom that she wanted to see  if it was as good as the look on Mom's face made it seem the one time.

As Riya was making her way back to her and Leon's room. She could hear something coming from behind the door, she wasn't sure what to make of the sound. As she slowly cracked the door open she could see what was going on.

Leon was a little confused by the request but went along with it. Rose had asked him to scratch the top of her head, she must have seen him doing it for Riya every so often. While he was doing that Rose was doing her best to press the top of her head into his hand. After a while he stopped and Rose stood back up.

Rose: Thanks Dad, I just couldn't get that itch to go away.

Leon: It's fine. Is there anything else you wanted to do?

As soon as he said that he realized the ridiculousness of even asking. Rose grabbed him and picked him up before sprinting for the practice grounds, not even realizing that she had passed her Mom who had been watching them through the crack in the door.

Once they had arrived at the training yard she put him down.

Rose: You said that Uncle Azur had a special way of fighting, right?

Leon knew what she was talking about. What she was referring to was the fact he used a clawed dueling gauntlet as part of how he fought.

Leon: Yes, why?

Rose: Do you think he would be willing to teach me?

That would require him to send out a letter, there would be no guarantee he would even respond.

Leon: I could try, but I can't promise anything. You have to promise that you won't be upset if he says no, Azur's really busy most of the time.

Rose nodded in an exaggerated fashion.

Rose: I promise!

With that she picked him up again in excitement to hug him.

Rose: I love you, Dad!

Leon patted the side of her neck.

Leon: I love you too, sweetie.