Chapter 52

While Zenkoh's warband was dealing with Morga's Witherlings, Zenkoh and Purth had separated Morga from the protection of her Witherlings.

Zenkoh: I hope you have some way to actually stop her now that she is separated from the Witherlings.

Purth: Trust me, I do. You just have to keep her away from me.

With that Purth began setting up a spell sigil as Zenkoh got in front of her. They stared each other down for a few seconds before Zenkoh rushed in with a swing of her maul. Morga forced the haft of her warhammer to that of Zenkoh's maul before forcing the attack to the side, causing her to miss. Morga then tried to headbutt Zenkoh, but she backed out of the way putting some distance between the two of them.

As this was going on Purth had finished the spell sigil and had begun channeling her magic into it. When Morga saw this she rushed in her direction before being cut off by Zenkoh hitting her square in the chest with a swing of her maul and sending Morga back several feet.

Zenkoh: Now there's no being a spoiled sport, you're fighting with me!

As Morga had managed to get back up from the blow, Zenkoh was between her and Purth again. After only a moment of hesitation, Morga swiftly closed the distance between the two of them. As she got close Morga swung her warhammer, aiming for Zenkoh's head with a horizontal swing. Zenkoh ducked under the swing before springing back up and punching Morga in the bottom of her jaw, causing her head to shoot upward as she staggered backward. Regaining her senses Morga swiftly charged Zenkoh again. Just before reaching Zenkoh, Morga stopped her swing and switched into a shoulder charge, slamming into Zenkoh as she was caught off-guard.

While Zenkoh was getting back up, Morga had changed her focus to Purth and was rushing in her direction.

Purth: Got it!

Just before Morga could reach her the sigil began to glow, giving off a dull purple light. As Morga stepped on the sigil, only a few feet from Purth, the light coming from the sigil increased in intensity. Morga suddenly found no ground beneath her, falling into a deep hole that had been created by the sigil being activated. As she stood up at the bottom of the hole she could see Purth looking down at her.

Purth: Now stay in the ground this time!

As she shouted this there was another flash of light followed by the sound of dirt and stone moving as the walls of the pit Morga now found herself in collapsed inward on top of her.

Purth: That should hold her more than long enough for us to deal with Oshka.

As Zenkoh made her way back over to where Purth was she could see around them that the fighting was dying down, the Witherlings had been beaten back by her warband.

Zenkoh: Let's clean up what's left of the Witherlings and then we need to keep moving.

Purth nodded before making her way in the direction of the remaining few Witherlings.

***

Leon: Something doesn't seem right. We have barely had to deal with a handful of Witherlings, I would think that if this is where she has her base set up there would be more protection, wouldn't there?

Maria: While I understand what you mean Leon, I would prefer to deal with as few Witherlings as possible.

After a few more minutes of walking Mu held out her arm, causing them to stop.

Leon: What is it, Mu?

She simply pointed.

Mu: Look.

When Leon looked where she was pointing he could see what looked to be a medium-sized camp with several different-sized tents. Outside one of the tents was a shattered mirror.