Chapter 15

The door on the other side of the room burst open.

Thorn: What was that—

Once inside the room he could see the huge 8' light brown furred female Gnoll with a two-handed war hammer that had made the hole in the wall.

Thorn: Sound?

Riya got his attention.

Riya: Get Leon out of here!

Without hesitating Thorn ran over to the bed that Leon was in and picked him up. He then ran out the door he had come in from. Once Riya had seen Thorn leave through the door with Leon she let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding.

Riya: Good.

She turned back to face her mother who she knew had to be being controlled by the same one that was controlling the Witherlings. She could see on Morga's face that she didn't want to be doing this, the horrified look her mother wore did nothing though as she was still going to have to fight her.

Rose: You're not coming anywhere near my Dad!

Rose had already readied her longsword, her Dad had already been hurt and she wasn't going to let anyone else get close enough to hurt him again. Riya readied her halberd.

As soon as Morga made a step forward Riya thrust her halberd forward, the tip aimed at her mother's chest. Morga made no attempt to dodge that attack and made no reaction as the tip of the halberd pierced her chest. As Riya pulled back to remove the weapon from Morga's chest, Morga grabbed it before yanking towards herself as hard as she could. This caught Riya off guard and caused her to stumble forward. Before Riya could regain her balance Morga caught her in the chest with a swing of her hammer, knocking the breath out of her and sending Riya across the ground.

Rose: Mom!

Before Morga could move again Rose stabbed her longsword though Morga's right foot and into the floor, pinning her in place. Then before she could retaliate Rose had socked her across the face with her right fist, then did the same with her left. She continued to alternate punches like this several times until she removed her longsword from the floor and then uppercut Morga, knocking her on her back.

Rose took the chance to catch her breath and after several moments Morga started to get back up. Suddenly both Zenkoh and Purth came through the door on the other side of the room.

Zenkoh: What's going on here!

As Purth looked around she spotted Riya on the ground. She ran over to her before starting to check her for injuries, she couldn't find anything serious and just appeared to be dazed. Then looking at Morga she could feel that magic had been used on her, but in what way she was unsure.

As Thorn was running down the hallway Leon felt the need to speak up.

Leon: Where are we going?

Thorn: Zenkoh's office. That's where Maria is and it will make it easier to keep you safe since there is only one door in or out.

Upon slamming the door open Thorn woke Maria up.

Maria: What! What's going on!

Looking around she saw Thorn carrying Leon and stood up.

Maria: What happened?

Thorn: Looks like they found a way inside, they had a Gnoll punch a hole in the wall in the room Leon was resting in.

Maria: What, how?

Thorn: We're not quite sure yet. Riya and Rose were handling it when I left with Leon.

Oshka was watching what was happening through the binding magic she placed on Morga and Leiko. They were doing exactly what she wanted them to do. She stopped watching what they were doing so that she could look up at the battlements, they had been cleared to help deal with what was going on inside the citadel. She had purposefully had her witherlings flood inside so that the other Gnolls would need to help with what was going on.

Oshka was able to walk right up to the gate, when she touched it her hand glowed green and after a moment the gate rusted away. She began navigating her way through the halls on her way to the back. Just before she got to where the fighting was, she stopped and looked around. Oshka spotted a door that was the same color as the stone walls around it. When she opened it it was stiff and took some strength to do so, inside was what she was looking for, a book that had a title written in ancient Gnollish. The title read: Witherlings and their various forms.

This book had been lost for a long time now but she had managed to track it down to this citadel, and now that she had it she was going to be showing all of the lesser races why Gnolls are superior, and why those that see fit to mingle with the other races deserve to be erased. With a cackle she took her leave and gave the order for Morga and Leiko to do the same.

After managing to shove Zenkoh away from her, Morga ran back through the hole she came in from, Leiko doing the same not long after. Just as Rose was about to give chase Zenkoh grabbed her arm.

Zenkoh: Don't! It will almost certainly be a trap waiting for you.

Rose ripped her arm out of Zenkoh's grip.

Rose: Let go of me! Who even are you?

Zenkoh raised an eyebrow at that.

Zenkoh: Did they really not tell you who your clan Matriarch was?

She knew that they didn't want her acting like a normal Gnoll but that seems a bit much.

Rose: All I was told was to stay away from the citadel.

Zenkoh: The simplest way to put it is I am the clan leader, the clan you are a part of.

The disinterest on Rose's face was clear.

Rose: I don't really care, all I care about is that my Dad is okay.

Purth: Thorn likely took Leon to where Maria is.

Zenkoh: That would be my office then, let's help Riya up and then get there to check on them.