Chapter 24

Purth dodged backwards to avoid the swing from Morga's war hammer, putting her right next to Leon. Purth reached for the weapon right next to Leon's bed, a maul. After picking it up she lunged forward and swung it at Morga's legs. The blow struck Morga in the left knee, throwing her off balance. Purth then quickly ran forward and socked Morga in the face, knocking Morga on her back.

While Morga was trying to get back up Purth began channeling her magic into her left hand as it began to glow a whitish silver color. By the time Morga had managed to stand back up the spell was almost ready.

Purth: Leon, when I do this you're going to need to quickly run out of the room to the left, When you reach a split you will then go right. At the end of that hall should be Zenkoh's office.

Leon: Wait, why there?

Purth: She'll be there, tell her what's going on. Got it?

Leon: yeah, got it.

Not long after he acknowledged what Purth wanted him to do Morga had started to move towards them again. When Purth unleashed her spell, it had sounded as if thunder had struck inside the room before a wave of force threw Morga off her feet and outside the room.

Purth: Go, Now!

Leon quickly took off out of the room to the left. After a while of running he could see a four way intersection in the hallway coming up. Upon reaching it he went right and continued sprinting down the corridor. At the end he could see a door. Once he had reached the door he had recognized it as the door to Zenkoh's quarters. Upon reaching it and opening the door he could see that Zenkoh was there like Purth had said.

Zenkoh: Leon? Weren't you with Purth?

Leon: I was, but Morga showed up and Purth had me run here!

Zenkoh: I see.

Leon: What? Aren't you going to go help her?

Zenkoh: Leon, you weren't sent here to come get me for help. She sent you here so that she didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting you with her magic.

Leon: What? Why didn't she just tell me that!

Zenkoh raised her eyebrow at that.

Zenkoh: Because Morga would have been able to hear her. So now Morga likely thinks you have been sent to get help, while in reality it is so Purth can use everything at her disposal.

Purth had managed to strike Morga in several more places with her maul while managing to dodge her war hammer. Backing up she put herself next to the bed that Leon had been on, looking down she could see the edge of a trap rune under the bed he was using. She had him help set that one up before Morga had shown up and now that he was out of the way she could trick her into triggering it without worry of accidentally hurting Leon.

Morga had gotten herself ready to lunge forward. When she did Purth dodged under and to the side of Morga so that she could get to the other side of the room. As soon as Morga had turned around to try and attack Purth again, Purth swung her maul upwards in an uppercutting motion. The blow struck Morga in the jaw, sending her off balance and causing her to fall over onto Leon's bed, along with the trap rune.

As Morga had tried to stand back up the rune began to glow as the magic was being activated. By the time Morga had stood all the way up the trap had fully activated, before Morga could get out of the way a powerful vortex of air formed under her and forcefully threw her upwards into the ceiling with a thunderous crack on contact with the stone before falling back down to the ground.

Morga had been knocked senseless from what had just happened. After a moment she began to hear something in her head.

Oshka: Leave, your job is done!

After a few moments Morga was able to move again and rushed past Purth. Purth tried to catch her as she ran past but her maul missed Morga as she rushed past. Once Morga had rushed out of sight Purth gave a sigh, she had gotten worried when neither of those traps had completely stopped her but Morga seemed to be rushing to the back exit so she started to make her way to Zenkoh's quarters.

Zenkoh and Leon had heard a thunderous sound but they had no idea what it was, they could only hope that it meant that Purth was still okay.

Leon: I had no idea the kind of magic Purth had, I mean, I knew she was a shaman but seeing the magic is still something else.

Zenkoh: Yeah, she has an affinity for the more destructive side of shaman magic, but she can still heal if it is really needed.

Leon: That's good to know.

Just then the door opened and Purth came inside.

Zenkoh: Good, you're still in one piece. I assume that means that Morga is dealt with?

Purth shook her head.

Purth: No, she retreated and I was too exhausted to try and chase her down.

Zenkoh: So be it, we will just have to be ready for her to show up again.