Chapter Four

Hunter watched her, shocked by what she just told him. "I'm sure there's some miscommunication, Rihanna. My housekeeper Samantha Jones has been looking after him efficiently for the past three years and there have been no complaints so far," said Hunter.

"Are you sure that your housekeeper, Samantha Jones, isn't the one who's abusing him?" asked Rihanna.

"Why are we discussing this, Rihanna? Is anything the matter?" asked Hunter with concern.

"It is, Mr. Bradshaw. Robbie initially wouldn't pay attention in class. He would be lost in his own world. Then I considered making friends with him and finding out what was bothering him. He told me about a mishap in which he had lost his family, but he was improving and communicating more with me with each passing day. But today, I found him in the same state as he was on the first day of school, " said Rihanna while Hunter listened intently. He was actually impressed with this young woman who was actually too dedicated to her career. She didn't need to bother with every child's mental condition. She could just teach and go home but she didn't. She genuinely cared for Robbie without any ulterior motive.

When Hunter didn't say a word, Rihanna continued further. "During lunch break, I spoke to him. I noticed a red handprint on his face as if someone had slapped him. See, it's there on his left cheek, " said Rihanna. 

Hunter looked up and noticed the mark. He had been too preoccupied with Eve and Mike's betrayal since yesterday and hadn't noticed it before. He felt guilty for being a bad guardian. How could he miss something as important as this?

"He was hesitant to tell me how he got that mark. But when I insisted he told me that Miss Samantha hits him every day. She eats his lunch and threatens to chop him to pieces and feed him to the dogs if he tells anyone," said Rihanna while Hunter sat with his head in his hands. Seeing his condition Rihanna was concerned about his own mental state. He wasn't taking this normally as any other guardian should. He looked like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. He was taking this too personally as if he was at fault.

She reached out and touched his hand. "Mr. Bradshaw, please don't take this to heart. We need to handle this carefully. We need to catch her red-handed so that we can take action on her," she said but Hunter caught her hand tightly in his, her soft hands completely engulfed in his rough ones. An electric spark shot through her body at his touch.

"I'm not sure I know how to do this, Rihanna. You have to help me," he whispered, looking down at their hands joined together.

"Sure, I'll help you," she said, trying to extricate her hand from his grasp but he wouldn't let go.

"This is very upsetting. I had no idea that I was such a bad uncle to him. I'm disappointed with myself. How could I not realize that Samantha was the reason why Robbie was behaving this way?" he said, tightening his grip on her hand.

"Mr. Bradshaw, you aren't a bad uncle at all. You have too much on your plate. You have made the best arrangements for Robbie. It's not your fault that she's taking advantage of your goodness. It's not possible for you to monitor your housekeeper for twenty-four hours. She should have been responsible enough. So please don't blame yourself and let us handle this with maturity, " she told him. He gazed into her eyes. Was he even listening to what she was saying?

He didn't respond but his hot gaze was hooked onto her, his grey eyes staring into her beautiful hazel ones. "Mr. Bradshaw?" she repeated softly.

He blinked and looked away, leaving her hand altogether. Rihanna immediately missed their warmth. They had felt so nice that she didn't want him to remove his hold. He cleared his throat and asked awkwardly.

"So what do you propose to do? I'm sorry, I'm bad at all this. You would have to help me out," he said, looking a little ashamed to ask for her help.

"I suggest you set up a hidden camera or two when no one's around and then leave it on for twenty-four hours. We can check the footage to find out what's going on," said Rihanna. "It's no point warning her. She'll never accept it and might take it out on Robbie. Don't give her any hint that you're doubting her."

"Hmm, good suggestion but I want you to come home with me to help me fix the cameras, " said Hunter. He didn't know what compelled him to ask her to accompany them to his home. But after touching her baby soft hands, he was going crazy to find out how she would feel in his arms. However much he tried, he just couldn't get rid of that thought.

"Alright then. Let's buy the cameras and set them up. I'd like to see your housekeeper's interaction with Robbie, " she said, getting up. Hunter too got up. His whole body tingled with excitement for reasons that he wasn't aware of. Just the thought of her going to his house made his imagination run wild. Would she hold his hand again?

"Robbie, c'mon, we're going home," he said with a grin. Robbie's eyes sparkled with hope.

"Is Miss Anna too coming along with us, Uncle Hunt?" he asked hopefully.

"Yes, she is," said Hunter.

"Yay, I'll never let you go, Miss Anna. I'll lock you up in my room," said Robbie, skipping and jumping excitedly toward his uncle's truck. Hunter stared at the happy boy. His condition was strangely the same as his nephew, only he couldn't jump with joy like him. If he could, he would have locked her in his room and trapped her right underneath and felt her smooth, creamy, baby-soft skin against his.... he closed his eyes momentarily to get a grip on himself. How could he get such thoughts when there was such a serious issue at hand waiting to be dealt with?

"Are you alright, Mr. Bradshaw?" asked Rihanna, seeing him close his eyes.

Hunter's eyes flew open to gaze at her. Was it that obvious? Did she read his thoughts?

"Yes, let's go home straight. I have the cameras at home. They just need to be set up," said Hunter, trying to get a grip on his hormones. Rihanna helped Robbie in the backseat and climbed onto the passenger seat. Hunter drove on. The whole drive Robbie chatted excitedly about the toys that he wanted to show Rihanna.

Hunter was stunned to see the sudden change in the boy. Robbie's entire body language changed the moment he heard that his teacher was accompanying them home. All this while Hunter had thought that Robbie's weird behavior was completely due to the loss that they had suffered three years back but now he realized that most of it was maybe due to Samantha's abusive behavior. He would have to put an end to this soon. He was amazed at how easily Rihanna could track the root cause of the problem. She really was an efficient teacher, he had to accept that.

But his mind wandered off again aimlessly, out of control again, back to its own thoughts. Was she efficient in bed too? Would she moan out his aloud or whimper with pleasure? Would she be willing to let him plunge into her tight folds or would she have to be taken at gunpoint?

"Mr. Bradshaw, aren't you listening?" asked a worried Rihanna. Why was he going blank again and again? She now started having second thoughts about his mental well-being.

"What? Did you say something?" asked Hunter, his ears a little flushed from the sinful thoughts that were making him go crazy.

"Yes, I said could you stop, please?" she asked, searching his face to look for any signs of distress.

"Stop what, Rihanna?" he asked huskily. How could she ask for something that he had no control over? He couldn't stop even if he wanted to.

"The car, Mr Bradshaw. What else? Robbie and I need an ice cream to cool us off. Right, Robbie?" asked Rihanna. Robbie grinned and came forward to kiss Rihanna's cheek making Hunter all the more jealous. He took a U-turn and went back to the ice cream parlor that they left behind.

"Yay, we're having ice cream, " danced Robbie when they stopped right in front of the parlor.

"You stay inside the car. Just tell me your favorite flavors and I'll get them," he asked.

"Butter pecan double scoop cone," said Robbie.

"Strawberry stick," said Rihanna. Hunter gave her a strange look and walked away. They waited impatiently for their treats.

"This is the first time, we stopped here for an ice-cream treat, Miss Anna. I love this day," said Robbie. Hunter returned with the treats and handed them over to them. He had brought for himself a green tea cup. Robbie enjoyed his treat, making satisfying sounds with every bite.

Rihanna sucked her stick, loving the milky strawberry cream on her tongue. Mmmm, heavenly! Hunter stared at her, his piercing eyes hooked upon her mouth as more sinful thoughts played havoc with his senses.