Chapter Fourteen

Hunter's words touched her heart and she lifted her hand and touched his cheek. "Hunter, you shouldn't say such things," she whispered, caressing his cheeks.

"Why not?" he asked as if struggling to restrain himself. His hand caught her hand which was touching his cheek and placed it over his heart. Rihanna gasped at the rapid pace his heartbeats were thundering in his chest. Her eyes flew up to his.

"See that? Feel that? I want you Rihanna, " he said in earnest.

"Uncle Hunt, are you kissing Miss Anna?" asked a worried Robbie as he stood frozen at the doorway. Rihanna extricated her hand and moved away from Hunter, her cheeks coloring profusely.

"Why? Do you have an objection to it, Robson Bradshaw?" asked his uncle, quirking an eyebrow at him. Robbie giggled.

"No silly, Uncle Hunt. If you kiss Miss Anna, you would have to marry her and make her my mommy. Then she will live here forever," said Robbie as Rihanna's mouth hung open. Hunter chuckled.

"Who stuffed these ideas into your head? They don't seem like they belong to you," he asked suspiciously.

"No one. Gemma didn't tell me," said Robbie as he sat down to complete his ice cream. Hunter laughed and his dimples deepened making her wish to touch them. It was a happy laugh that lit his eyes up which made Rihanna stare at him. He looked so boyish and stress-free. He suddenly stopped and gave her a look. She knew that he had caught her staring at him. It was so embarrassing! She looked away and concentrated on her ice cream but to her dismay, she dropped a dollop of sticky chocolate sauce on her sweater.

"Oh God, now what do I do? This is soiled," she said, looking at her sweater with dismay.

"Why don't you change into something else?" asked Hunter. Rihanna got up. Oh yes, she had forgotten that she had a shop full of dresses here inside Robbie's closet.

"Yes, I'll do that," she said, going towards Robbie's room.

"Where are you going, Miss Anna? Your clothes are in Uncle Hunt's room, " said Robbie. Rihanna turned around to face them. What?

"But weren't they in your room?" asked Rihanna with confusion.

"Not anymore, " said Hunter with a shrug, his face coloring a little. It piqued Rihanna's curiosity. What was going on?

"But why?" she asked, watching the silent conversation going on between Robbie and his uncle.

"He hugs them to sleep when you're not here," said Robbie while Hunter facepalmed. Rihanna blushed crimson at what she had just heard but deep in her heart she wanted to grab Hunter and kiss him. Did he really sleep with her clothes? Did he miss her so much?

"Don't believe him, okay?" said Hunter, and Rihanna nodded, walking away towards his room with a smile on her lips. Her heartbeats accelerated when she went into his room. What would he do tonight? Would he sleep with her or her clothes? She walked into his huge walk-in closet, inhaling the fresh citrus and pine smell of him lingering there. She ran her fingers over his clothes, loving the feel of them. She couldn't stop herself from picking up a shirt of his and hugging it to herself. Was she going crazy? What would Robbie say if he saw her now? She quietly kept the shirt back, feeling a little guilty.

She went towards the shelves where her clothes were neatly arranged. She picked up a red sweater. Why? Was it because red looked best on her? Or was it because red attracted more attention? She shut her inner conscience from meddling with her senses. She would wear red. She wanted to look her best. Taking the sweater, she went to the en-suite to change. She cleaned the chocolate from her clothing and left it to wash later.