Chapter Twelve

"What's wrong with you, Anna? Why are you playing with your food since yesterday?" asked her mom at the dinner table. It was Sunday night and Rihanna hadn't heard from Robbie or his uncle since yesterday, after he had dropped her off. She had cried bitterly into her pillow yesterday after returning home as if the words hurt her more than they had hurt him. She couldn't face herself in the mirror. How could she hurt him? She, too, was at fault, as they both were equally lost in one another.

"I'm not hungry, Mom."

"Are you unwell?" asked her aunt Charlotte who was her uncle Kennedy's wife. Their children, Raine and Ronald, were the youngest in the family and had enrolled in a college in Helena. They came over during the weekends to spend time with the family.

"A little, Aunt Charlotte, " she said to stop them from being after her life.

"In that case, you need to rest. No going to work tomorrow," said her mom, sternly. Rihanna's face fell. She couldn't take leave tomorrow, she wanted to apologize to Hunter for hurting him.

"No, I'm not that sick. I have to go tomorrow, " she said, getting all worked up and ready to fight to have her way.

"Okay, relax. You have to eat your food then," said her granddad. Rihanna quietly ate her food. She couldn't argue with her granddad.

The next day, she went to school and eagerly waited for Hunter to arrive. All the students had arrived and she was about to start the class when she saw Hunter's truck enter the parking area of the school. Her heart sang with happiness since Robbie had arrived and she could meet Hunter when school was over. If she could, she would have run out of her classroom to see him. She watched discreetly as the door of his truck opened and Robbie jumped out angrily followed by Gemma. Where was Hunter? She noticed that the person who was driving his truck wasn't Hunter. Did he employ a driver for Robbie's school duty? Her heart sank. She wanted to see him so badly.

Robbie huffed and puffed all the way towards the school gate, looking totally pissed off and angry while Gemma followed him. He entered without paying any heed to her. She went back to the truck and they sped off.

"Good morning, Robson, " she greeted him but he ignored her and sat down in his place. Rihanna started the class. Throughout the time, she noticed that Robbie didn't respond much. He was lost in his own world and seemed a bit lost just like he was on the first day of their session. It seemed like it was back to square one for her. She would have to find out what was up with him but at lunchtime, one of the students spilled water all over himself and she needed to take care of him. When she returned, she went over to him but he didn't talk to her.

"Hello Robbie, did you finish your food?" she asked him and he nodded.

"Yes," he answered, taking out a coloring book and sitting down to color. Rihanna sighed. She knew he was upset. She wanted to ask about Hunter but didn't know how to.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" she asked him gently. Robbie shook his head as a tear drop fell from his eye. "Why?" she asked him gently, her arm going around his small shoulders.

"Uncle Hunt said you don't want us. He will go away if I ask you to sleep with me," said Robbie as tears fell from his eyes. Rihanna's heart broke at his words. She hugged him to her bosom.

"I never said I don't want you. I love being friends with you. Tell your Uncle Hunt that he doesn't need to go away. You can call me anytime. I love to sleep with you," she admitted. He looked up at her with disbelief.

"Really? You love me, Miss Anna?" he asked with wonder.

"Yes, and we'll always be friends, okay?" she promised.