Chapter Twenty-One

Rihanna couldn't deny him what he asked for. Her hand went beneath the duvet and touched his hardness, stroking him just as he wanted her to. She gave him his release, showing him she really cared. Later, she pulled him into her arms and caressed his hair softly. He was asleep in no time, his face embedded in her neck, his hand on her breasts, his leg wrapped around her. His warm breathing lulled her to sleep too.

Someone shook her and her eyes flew open to see Robbie's excited face. "Mommy, wake up. I'm hungry," he said, eagerly. Rihanna looked beside her and saw that Hunter was still asleep. His long lashes looked beautiful, casting shadows on his cheekbones, his soft lips more kissable than when he slept.

"Give me a moment to freshen up, sweetie. In the meantime, I'll give you some crackers and a banana to fill your tummy, okay?" Robbie nodded eagerly. Rihanna gave him his food and went to the washroom to freshen up. When she returned, Hunter was up and wearing his sweatpants and stealing Robbie's crackers from him. He looked up at her when she emerged, his face lightening up as he remembered what they did last night. Rihanna blushed at his scrutiny.

"Uncle Hunt, you promised that we'd go fishing today," reminded Robbie with a pout. Hunter scratched his head with a goofy smile on his lips. Rihanna was surprised to see his change of mood after last night. He looked happy.

"Sorry champ. I overslept and completely forgot about it," he said apologetically, as Robbie pouted.

"You can go after breakfast," said Rihanna and Robbie's face brightened again. Hunter quickly freshened up and wore a tee shirt and they locked the cabin and went to the cafe to get some coffee, milk and breakfast for themselves.

"You can continue to prove that you care about me," he whispered into her ear, as they followed an excited Robbie to the cafe. Rihanna looked at him with disbelief.

"I already have last night," she pointed out to him.

"I'm not convinced yet," he said, shaking his head. Rihanna rolled her eyes.

"By the way, thank you for the best sleep of my life. Have you thought about my question last night? I'm waiting for your answer."

"Not yet." She didn't get any time to think, having dozed off immediately after him. Hunter looked a little disappointed but didn't ask again. They ordered breakfast and enjoyed their first meal of the day.

Later, while Hunter and Robbie went fishing, she went to shower and change. Afterwards, she sat on the porch and watched them as they laughed and tried to catch some fish. Both looked exceptionally happy, and she couldn't help ponder over Hunter's question. Rihanna wanted to stop thinking too much into this and plunge headlong into it. She wanted to marry Hunter. She wanted to make him and Robbie happy. So, should she listen to her heart or her mind?

They returned with a fresh catch, both looking triumphant as if they had won a prize. There was a cooking range in the cabin and Rihanna wanted to cook it for lunch. Hunter went to buy some ingredients for fried fish and rice. The entire morning, they jointly cooked and ate just like a happy little family.

"Mommy, will you stay with us tonight too, please?" asked Robbie, hopefully.

"Not tonight, Robbie. Tomorrow you and I have school in the morning," she gently reminded him.

"You can go to school with me, Mommy. You can wear anything uncle Hunt got for you," Robbie reasoned.

"I know, sweetie, but I had informed my family and they would expect me home today," she explained. Robbie nodded, but looked a little unhappy. Rihanna sighed and cleaned up quietly. Hunter had quietened down strangely after her announcement of going home.