Chapter Seventeen

"I was checking this dress out, not you," she lied, and her cheeks turned bright red.

"It's lucky, isn't it? It gets to sleep with me," he smirked.

"No, it's unlucky. It's getting crushed," she pointed out.

"Many women would do anything to be in my bed," he murmured, as if telling her a secret, his thumb teasing her lips.

"I wouldn't. Let me go, Hunter. I just came to get my pajamas," she told him.

"Really? Then why do you melt in my arms every time I kiss you?" he asked in a whisper. It was true, but she wouldn't admit it in front of him.

"I don't," she said, avoiding his eyes.

He looked amused. "You want me to prove it to you?" he asked in a whisper, his teeth grazing her neck below her ears. A shudder went through her body. Her mind wanted to run while she still could but her heart wanted Hunter to kiss her. When she didn't respond, Hunter's tongue trailed along her jawline to her lips. He claimed her lips in a forceful and passionate kiss, sliding his tongue into her already open mouth. Rihanna's whole body felt like it had been ignited just from the feel of his warm tongue. She knew he didn't have to do much to make her melt in his arms, just a look was enough. He ground his aroused hardness into her letting her know what he wanted. Rihanna's hands went to his soft hair, her fingers threading through his hair, gripping them, wanting more. A soft moan escaped her mouth and she couldn't stop herself from kissing him back. Hunter groaned and deepened the kiss, his hands roaming all over her body, taking liberties, touching her everywhere.

"See how you melt in my arms, Rihanna, " he said, his mouth leaving hers and going to her chest. Rihanna's eyes widened as realization struck her. Was he just trying to prove his point? Did he just kiss her to show how gullible and easily available she really was? She froze.

"Stop Hunter, just stop," she said, her eyes flashing with anger. Hunter stopped and looked at her. "I'm sorry to give you the wrong message. I'm not what you think I am. I'm not available to fulfill your needs. I'm a respectable teacher and I came here only because Robbie needed me. We shouldn't be doing this at all," she said, straightening up and adjusting her clothes. Hunter's jaws dropped.

"I didn't mean it that way, Rihanna. Of course, you are a respectable teacher. Look, there's no harm in being physically attracted to one another," stated Hunter.

"No, Hunter. I can't do this anymore. It's wrong. I feel like a wh*re secretly engaged in an illicit relationship," she admitted, backing away from his room.

"Stop, Rihanna, listen to me," he begged her, looking hurt. "You can't just leave. I.., I mean Robbie needs you," he continued.

"I'll be there when he needs me but I won't stay the night after tonight, " she said with conviction. She fled from his room towards Robbie's and closed the door. She would rather sleep in her tight clothes than go to Hunter's room. She had no idea why she felt like her heart was breaking. She knew she was overreacting maybe but this really couldn't continue. While she knew she was physically attracted to him, these secret make-out sessions behind everyone's back weren't what she wanted. She wanted an open relationship where she could proudly tell the world that she was someone's fiancée or wife. Not a nameless physical relationship that had no future. Tears fell from her eyes. Why couldn't Hunter give a name to this relationship? How long could she bluff her family? She might have dozed off to an uncomfortable sleep.

Her eyes fluttered open to a sweet kiss on her cheek. "Good morning, Mommy, " said Robbie's sweet childish voice. Rihanna smiled as a wave of motherly love swept all over her. Robbie was the reason she had stayed here, she tried to convince herself but at the back of her mind was the concern for Hunter eating at her. Did he sleep at all? Was she overreacting? Why was she so emotional around him? Where was her indomitable spirit and her principles? How could she just lose her sanity and surrender to Hunter?

"Mommy, are you angry? You're frowning, " said Robbie.

"No, sweetie, good morning. I was just thinking that I should go home for a while, " she whispered the last part almost to herself.

Robbie looked upset. "But you promised to stay with me today," he wailed with tears in his eyes.

"Don't be upset. Of course, I'll stay, " she told him, hugging him. The door opened and Hunter walked into the room. His eyes locked with Rihanna as if he wanted to say a lot but was restraining himself. She noticed the dark circles under his eyes. She noticed his dejected look. Her heart melted at the sight of him. All her resolves to stay away from him vanished into thin air.

"Uncle Hunt, mommy promised that she would stay with me today," Robbie announced happily. Hunter looked at her quizzically.

"Mommy?" he asked as if dreading his answer.

"Yes, Uncle Hunt. Don't you know that Miss Anna has agreed to be my mommy?" said Robbie, rolling on the bed with excitement.

Hunter gave Rihanna a worried look. "Robbie, you can't force someone to be your mom. That's wrong. You have Gemma to look after you. You don't need a mom. Stop this immediately. Rihanna has a house, a family, and a life. She can't come here whenever you need her," he scolded her. Robbie's eyes filled with tears.

"I didn't force her. She agreed happily," he sobbed.

"Don't scold him, Hunter. I agreed to this. He hasn't forced me at all. I'd love being his mommy, " said Rihanna and Robbie wiped his eyes, grinning at his uncle and giving him an 'I told you so' look. Hunter shrugged.

"I hope you know what you're getting yourself into Rihanna. Don't tell me later that I didn't warn you," said Hunter, getting up. Then he looked at Robbie. "Go and freshen up. I'm making breakfast, " he said. Robbie grimaced and ran off.

When he had gone, Hunter turned towards her. "You have agreed to be a mom to a boy who has seen his mom being burnt alive before his own eyes. He is disturbed, Rihanna. He will cling to you forever. He will be deeply disturbed if he doesn't get you. Can you handle that? Tomorrow when you get married and have your own kids, then you will repent this. There's still time. Give him some excuse and save yourself, your future," said Hunter, walking out of the room. Rihanna was shocked by what he just told her. Had they seen their family members being burned alive in front of their eyes? It was too traumatic for a little boy! No wonder Robbie clung to her.

She closed her eyes and her mind wandered towards Hunter. Was that why he couldn't sleep at night? She only could understand one thing. They both needed her. Robbie came out of the washroom and gave her a sweet smile.

"You're still here mommy? Go and freshen up. God knows what Uncle Hunt is making!" he said, rolling his eyes with a happy grin on his face.

"I'll just come down and make something. Go tell him to wait for me," she smiled indulgently. She walked towards Hunter's room to get her clothes and use his en-suite. After a shower, she felt much better.

Wearing a crepe floral dress, she walked out towards the kitchen, her mood had improved a lot now that she had decided what she needed to do. She would stay and help these two needy souls. They needed her and she just couldn't make an excuse and disappear from their lives. She wanted to know exactly what happened three years ago. She wanted to help them forget their pain but mostly she wanted to be there for them. Hunter had mentioned her marrying another and having kids but as far as she was concerned, she knew deep in her heart that the magic that she shared with him couldn't be forgotten so easily. Maybe never!

She collided with Hunter not noticing where he was heading to. He looked at her and couldn't take his eyes off her fresh and radiant face. "Thinking of me?" he asked in a husky whisper. She nodded shyly, unable to look at him. She was thinking of him. There was no point in denying it. Hunter's jaws dropped at her admission. He hadn't expected her to answer him so honestly. He could feel his heart beat faster knowing that she was thinking of him.

"I'm sorry for last night. I didn't mean it that way, " he told her softly.

"I know," she said almost to herself. Hunter's lips stretched to a happy smile, showing his dimples, making him look like Robbie a little.

"Tonight then?" he asked with hope.