Chapter Six

Rihanna's eyes opened at the sound of a click. She looked at the door. It was closed. Then what was that noise? She tried to turn to her side and get up, but something heavy and exceptionally warm didn't allow her to budge. Looking down, she froze, seeing Hunter's arm around her waist and his leg lying over her, pinning her to the bed. Her back was flush against his warm chest and she could feel every contour of his bare, ripped, hot body, clad only in a pair of sweatpants.

Rihanna blushed to the roots of her hair. She might have dozed off with Robbie, but how did he land up with her? She was about to wake him up when Robbie spoke. "Let Uncle Hunt sleep, Miss Anna. He never sleeps well. He needs medicines to sleep. Whenever he closes his eyes, all the time, he sees the fire that killed our family," said Robbie quietly. Rihanna's eyes widened.

If Hunter had a problem sleeping, then how did he sleep so soundly, spooning her? What would she do now?

"Don't move so much, " came the gruff voice of Hunter, heavy with sleep.

Robbie chuckled as he continued to play with his Transformer set. Rihanna blushed more.

"I need to go and make something. Robbie should be hungry," said Rihanna, softly.

"I'm not hungry," said Robbie with a smile.

Rihanna gave him a look. He could have said that he was hungry then she would have been able to escape the torture. Hunter's tight embrace, his hot muscular chest, and his bare arms around her waist made something stir in her body, a dormant passion, a strange fire that heated her whole body with desire. She wanted to touch him, feel his tanned muscles. How would it feel when he made love to her? She closed her eyes and counted to ten to get rid of such thoughts. She was Robbie's teacher and after today, she wouldn't need to come here anymore. Samantha was gone and Robbie would get back to normal soon.

"Hunter, I think I'll make something for the two of you and then go home," she said, hesitating a little. He stirred but didn't leave her. It was a strange turmoil that she was in. He was in deep sleep after a long time, maybe for the first time in three years! How could she be a monster and just pull herself out of his hold? She couldn't do it. A strange tenderness didn't let her do it. Robbie smiled seeing her battle. He gave her an apologetic look.

"I'll get us some cake. It's there in the fridge. Has she gone, Miss Anna?" whispered Robbie in her ears.

"Yes, the police have locked her up. So you can roam about the house fearlessly," she whispered back.

Robbie jumped down from his bed and disappeared, leaving her alone with a very hot Hunter. She looked at his sleeping form next to her. He really was too sinfully gorgeous. A tremor ran down her as her mind tried to control the urge to caress his hard, tanned body. Instinctively, he pulled her closer and embedded his face into her neck as if he were awake. Was he? She squirmed again, trying to extricate herself without waking him up. She hadn't informed at home and they might be worried about her.

"Rihanna, stop moving, " he whispered, hoarsely, his lips grazing her neck.

"I have to go home, Hunter, " said Rihanna but he didn't budge. She could feel his hot, even breathing on her neck. This was a strange dilemma that she was in. It was driving her crazy. She could feel her nipples go taut as his arm moved against her waist. Goosebumps erupted on her arms and neck feeling his mouth pressed to her neck. Desire pooled in her and a strange throbbing started in her core. Would she have to lie here with him the whole night till he caught up with his three years of sleep?

Thankfully Robbie excitedly came into the room with two big slices of cake and cold pasta. Of course, he couldn't warm it. He was just six. It was a good distraction for her and she really needed it. She tried to sit up. Hunter seemed displeased as he grabbed her hips and lay his head on her lap. This was more torturous than before. Robbie giggled as they shared the food while his uncle slept like a log making her his pillow.

Robbie brought a Lego set and they sat making objects out of it. It was very relaxing indeed. She messaged Adelaide that she was held up at a colleague's house and would return late. It was already dinner time when Hunter suddenly opened his eyes and stared up at her with shock.

She looked down at his shocked face. "What? I didn't place you on my lap!" she said, rolling her eyes. A slow grin spread all over his face as he inspected her body starting from what was nearest to him up to her face, yet he didn't make any attempt to raise his head from her lap.

Rihanna blushed profusely and just moved away to get up and go to the en-suite. His head fell on the bed and he chuckled. "That was the best sleep, ever!" he said as Robbie fist bumped with him behind her back.

"Can we keep her here, forever?" asked Robbie.

Rihanna went into the en-suite and closed the door. Her bladder was bursting and she couldn't wait to hear his answer. She walked out of the en-suite and saw both of them staring at her. "Okay, I need to get home now. It's already dinnertime," said Rihanna but they both stared blankly at her.

"What?" she asked when they still sat like statues.

"Uncle Hunt can only make the most horrible chicken stew and rice dinner. I can't eat that, yuk yuk," said Robbie with a helpless wail, sticking out his tongue at the thought of the disgusting dinner.

"No, I can make sandwiches, cereal, and milk," said Hunter, feeling a little offended.

"That's breakfast food, Uncle Hunt. Dinner has to be nice, filling, and healthy, " said Robbie. Hunter rolled his eyes and looked at Rihanna helplessly.

"Please can you teach me to cook until I get another housekeeper?" he asked. Rihanna knew that tonight maybe she wouldn't be able to make it home early.

"Okay, c'mon, let's get on with it," she said, walking off towards the kitchen with the two following her out. She checked the pantry and the refrigerator and found beef. She chopped vegetables as Robbie and his uncle watched her sitting on a high stool near the counter.

"Robbie, go and play," said Rihanna. He looked relieved, jumped down from his stool, and ran to his room to get his toys. Rihanna turned to Hunter. "Don't you have a shirt to wear?" she asked with an eye roll. It was difficult to concentrate on work with him hovering around her wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants.

"I don't wear one at home, " said Hunter with a shrug.

"Then, you don't get any food," said Rihanna. Hunter grinned showing his se*y dimples. 'Concentrate on the food, Anna! ' she chided herself. Thankfully, he disappeared into his room to get a shirt. After two minutes, he returned and winked at her.

"Better?" he asked, standing right behind her, his hot breath fanning her neck. Rihanna sighed. How could it be better? It wasn't.

"Sit on your stool and I'll quickly make this pot roast," she ordered him.

"But, I want to learn," he protested, coming closer and peering at what she was doing. "How do you chop vegetables?" he asked looking at her deft fingers, chopping all the vegetables needed for the roast.

"It's late, Hunter. I'll teach you another time. I need to go home," said Rihanna.

"You can't, " he pointed out, casually.

"What do you mean?" she asked, whirling around to get an answer. Mistake. Now she was nose to nose with him. His hypnotic gray eyes held her gaze, refusing to break eye contact. Her chest rose and fell as she struggled to breathe. The air was hot and heavy with the underlying fire ready to flare. His gaze dropped to her lips.

Rihanna turned away. She couldn't kiss Robbie's guardian. She was his teacher for God's sake! "What do you mean?" she repeated, looking down at the vegetables as if they were the most interesting objects on earth.

"It's late and with Robbie sleeping alone at home, I couldn't drop you to your house. You can spend the night in Robbie's room. I'll not disturb you, " he said, walking away as if he didn't want to hear her protest. After he left, Rihanna concentrated on her cooking. Could she call Rhett to pick her up? No, he might be tired after a whole day's work.

Okay then. It seemed like she would have to spend the night here.