Chapter Thirty-Two

Thankfully, her family didn't mind Robbie's questions about popping a baby and Rihanna couldn't find Ryder to throttle him. After lunch, Sawyer, Rhett and Hunter loaded her stuff onto Hunter's truck and they soon left Wild Creek Ranch.

Robbie was in the brightest of moods. After playing with baby Andrea, he was in love with babies. The entire ride he kept on chattering about babies. "Let me take you to meet another baby," said Hunter with a laugh, seeing his enthusiasm. Rihanna gave him a pointed look. Where did another baby come from? Her mind started exploring all possibilities right from Gemma's grandchildren to any of his employee's children. She even thought about a secret girlfriend in the past for a moment.

"Stop imagining things," Hunter leaned in and whispered into her ear. Rihanna's eyes widened. How did he know what she was thinking?

"Another baby? Where? What's her name?" asked Robbie, too excited to even sit still. He was in love with baby girls after meeting baby Andrea and wanted to meet only baby girls. Typical boys!

"It's not a girl. It's a male foal. Actually, it's Black Fury's baby," informed Hunter, his eyes lightening up with pride as if it was his own. Rihanna felt a tug at her heartstrings. If he loved Black Fury's baby so much, how much would he love his own baby? Robbie was too excited to hear about Black Fury's baby.

"What's his name? Is it black too, dad?" he asked enthusiastically.

"Yes, he's black, glossy like a precious stone, so we named him Blackstone. He was born last night," informed Hunter. Rihanna now understood why Hunter came home late. Rihanna's heart swelled with hope. If he loved his horse and his baby so much, it meant that his heart could love. Maybe he loved her. He was only in denial.

"Wow, I love the name, dad. Hurry, let's meet him," said Robbie. The next two hours they spent at the foaling paddocks, looking first at Blackstone and then finally at all the foals present. They also met Blackstone's mom. Afterwards they climbed onto their truck to drive home with Robbie deep in thought.

"Dad, how does God give us babies?" he asked with a worried expression. Hunter groaned.

"God does nothing, son. We do," he explained, earning a warning glare from Rihanna.

"We who? You don't know a thing, dad. Toby told me God gives us when we're grown up and ready," he explained to his dad.

"Oh," said Hunter. He had no experience answering such questions. Rihanna chuckled and Hunter gave her a 'just you wait', look. Later, they went to aunt Charlotte's boutique to order the wedding dress and tuxes for Hunter and Robbie.

"Why am I wearing a tux, mommy? Am I marrying too?" asked Robbie. Everyone at the shop laughed at hearing him.

"No sweetie, you're too small to get married. You'll be our ring bearer," said Rihanna. Robbie seemed to love the idea. Later, they ate dinner at a restaurant in the marketplace and returned home. Robbie was already exhausted and wanted to sleep.

Rihanna tucked him in his bed, and he was asleep in no time. Hunter picked her up and carried her to his bedroom. This was the moment that he'd been waiting for all day. "I feel married to you already," he whispered in her ear.

"I didn't know you had already applied for a marriage license?" she asked curiously.

"I had applied three months back." Rihanna's hands went around his neck and she planted a sweet kiss there.

"I'm glad that you did. I can't wait to get married to you," said Rihanna.

"We could leave Robbie with baby Andrea and Adelaide and go on a short honeymoon. What do you say?" asked Hunter. Rihanna smiled. It wasn't a bad idea. They needed to be alone with one another for a few days, else Hunter would never realize his true feelings for her.