Chapter Nineteen

The whole time that they watched the attractions of the park, Hunter simply watched Rihanna and Robbie. Their bond mesmerized him. It seemed as if they really were mother and son.

"Hello sir, do you want a family photograph to cherish all your life?" Asked a photographer who was roaming around clicking everyone's pictures for money. Before Hunter could answer, Rihanna looked at the photographer and agreed to take a family photograph.

"Ma'am please stand closer to your husband. You can both hold your child in front of you, yes, lovely. Say cheese," said the man, clicking their photograph. He asked for their address to deliver the photograph and Hunter gave him details of the cabin where they were staying. After he left, Rihanna couldn't look at Hunter as she was embarrassed by what the man had said. However, as Hunter gazed at her, he just couldn't ignore altogether what the man had said.

"Mommy, look that family looks just like us. Are we a happy family, Mommy?" asked Robbie, staring at a couple with a boy of Robbie's age, enjoying their time at the park.

"Yes, Robbie, we are," said Rihanna, avoiding to look at Hunter. Robbie was happy with her answer but that got Hunter thinking again. He did like the idea of marrying Rihanna immensely but would she agree? They didn't love one another but could they do it for Robbie's sake? After touring a lot, they met the photographer again on their way back to their cabin.

"Thank you," said Hunter, paying him his dues. They returned back to their cabin to freshen up. They were too tired to do anything.

"Let's go on the sunset boat trip?" asked Hunter while they checked out the photograph. They indeed looked like a happy family!

"Yay, are we gonna catch some fish too Uncle Hunt?" asked an excited Robbie.

"No not now. We'll catch fish tomorrow morning," promised Hunter. They quickly locked the cabin and rushed towards the small boating pier where boats were being rented out. Hunter helped them into a large motor boat and they set off into the lake. The sun was about to set and all the birds were flying home, eager to get to their families. Robbie was ecstatic seeing so many species of birds at the same time.

"Are the birds lost? Why are they rushing at the same time?" asked a curious Robbie.

"The sun's setting. So they need to get home to their families," explained Rihanna.

"Why?" asked Robbie with wide eyes.

"Because they can't see very well in the dark. They sleep in their nests," said Rihanna. "Except for some birds who hunt in the dark."

"I know, like the owl," said Robbie feeling happy that he knew that. Rihanna smiled and ruffled his hair.

A soft, breeze was blowing across the lake, sending ripples across the surface of the crystal-clear water of the lake. It was a magical moment as the whole sky was lit up in shades of red and orange. Rihanna lifted her face to feel the soft breeze caressing her face, blowing away her hair a little, cooling her, calming her.

"Liking it?" asked Hunter as he sat opposite her, watching her like a hawk. There was a raw hunger in his eyes whenever he looked at her that Rihanna couldn't ignore. It turned her insides on fire and ignited a longing in the pit of her stomach. She couldn't make head or tail out of this crazy attraction that she felt for him. He was like a magnet drawing her to him without having to do much. A look was enough to have her want to melt in his arms. Robbie was lost in his search for fish.

"Loving it, actually. Thank you, " she told him as his eyes glittered. She had no idea what he might be thinking but whatever it was, the look on his face explained that it gave him immense pleasure.

"Why don't the fish go home to their families?" asked a concerned Robbie.

"They all live together unlike the birds. They're moving around deep down to avoid being caught. So, unless you give them food, they won't come up," said Hunter.

"Let's give them food Uncle Hunt, " said Robbie excitedly.

"We don't have anything with us to give them Robbie. So maybe tomorrow, okay?" said Hunter, Robbie nodded. His next target was the other people who were boating around. He started counting how many happy families he could count. After an hour and a half, he was tired. The sun had set and it was already dark. Some romantic couples were kissing in the dark and Robbie lost his interest in counting the happy families.

"I'm sleepy Uncle Hunt," protested Robbie. Hunter was disappointed and jealous seeing the couples boating together and kissing every once in a while. He wished that he and Rihanna were one of those happy couples.

"I think your mommy wants to stay a little longer, Robbie, " said Hunter, eyeing her. Of course, she wanted to stay but she couldn't torture the little child any longer. It was clear that he was really exhausted.

"It's okay, Hunter. I think we can get dinner and put Robbie to bed first. He's had a long day," said Rihanna. This appealed more to Hunter and he steered the boat towards the pier. He jumped out with ease and tied the boat, helping them down. Then they walked towards the Cafe to eat.

Robbie's eyes were droopy and he didn't want to eat dinner. "We have ordered pizza, Robbie. Don't you want it?" asked Rihanna in an attempt to make him have his dinner and not sleep on an empty stomach. It worked. Robbie's eyes lit up at the mention of pizza. His mouth watered when their pizza arrived at their table. They all devoured the delicious treat along with the spaghetti and meatballs that they had ordered. No one wanted any ice cream since they were too full. Robbie couldn't walk back as his legs were aching. Hunter picked him up and carried him towards their cabin.

Rihanna unlocked their cabin and helped Robbie get ready for bed. The cabin had a huge bedroom, half partitioned with one area having two smaller beds for kids and another section having a double bed for two adults. Since she and Hunter couldn't fit into the smaller beds, they would have to sleep together while Robbie slept on one of the small beds. He placed his favorite dinosaur on the other bed and lay down on his. Rihanna sat beside him and patted his back and he immediately fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.

Rihanna got up to change. She glanced outside the cabin and saw that Hunter was sitting on the porch, gazing at their photograph. She wanted to know what was going on in his mind but she really needed a shower first. Grabbing her clothes she rushed into the washroom. She showered and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top and felt much better. The whole day's tiredness was washed out of her body. She walked out towards the porch. He looked up from the photograph and watched her, his eyes taking in her freshly showered appearance. He softly patted the empty place beside him asking her to sit down. She sat down quietly and knew Hunter was still staring at her while she concentrated on the photograph in his hand.

"It's a nice photograph, " she said quietly to reduce the underlying tension in the air. She was acutely aware of his gaze upon her but she had to know what he was thinking all this while looking at their photograph.

"I know. We do look like a happy family, don't we?" he asked his eyes going to the photograph and then back at her, watching her minutely.

"Yes," Rihanna agreed not knowing where this conversation was leading to. "But we're not a family, " she pointed out softly. Hunter nodded but his eyes seemed to want to say something to her. They were quiet for a while as he battled in his mind about what he wanted to say to her.

"We could be if you want to," said Hunter, his arm resting on the steps behind her, touching her back. It caused a flutter in her stomach but Rihanna's breath was stuck in her throat hearing his words more than his touch. She hadn't expected him to say this at all. She looked up into his face to see his bright, excited eyes shining with something that she just couldn't figure out. Did he want her to be just in a physical relationship with him? She had to know.

"What do you mean?" she asked him, her heart hammering in her chest. Hunter's eyes scanned her face minutely as she waited with bated breath for his answer. But his eyes deeply gazed into her, making her drown in their depths.

After a while, the arm gently held her by the shoulders. "Marry me?" he asked softly, taking her breath away.