Chapter Twenty-Five

The realization was enough to make her deeply consider her situation. While she was head over heels in love with him, maybe he was only physically attracted to her since he didn't believe in love after facing betrayal. Maybe she was destined to live a loveless marriage all her life!

"What's wrong? You look unhappy," he said, seeing the emotions portrayed on her face.

"Nothing important. I was thinking about our future."

"Why do you need to think so much? Life is too short to waste your time in useless thoughts."

"Useless? Well, I can't help it. It's in my nature to ponder over things before finally deciding."

Later he dozed off to sleep and Rihanna texted Adelaide, informing her about her change of plan. She felt guilty that she couldn't spend much time with her niece, Andrea. She was born a little weak and was gaining strength every day. Adelaide informed her that Andrea's party would be held in two months when she gained more weight. The two friends updated each other about what was going on in their lives.

Later Robbie woke up, and she spent time with him, playing and studying. When Hunter woke up, they went over to his bedroom, since he couldn't move anywhere else. She helped Gemma make dinner. Later, Gemma left to go home and Robbie started making plans for going on a trip for the coming weekend.

"Uncle Hunt, will you be better by Saturday?" asked an eager Robbie.

"Even if he is better, we won't go anywhere, Robbie. His leg needs the rest," she pointed out. Robbie nodded with understanding.

"Will you stay with us, mommy?" asked Robbie.

"Of course she will. I'll go to get her if she doesn't come," said Hunter and Rihanna rolled her eyes. It was only Monday, and these two were already plotting.

"C'mon Robbie, let's do the homework that I gave you in class," she said. Robbie went to get his books. It was a time to bond. Hunter maintained his distance from her as promised, and she was glad that he gave her a little space. The next three days, his leg improved, and she could go back home. Her family was furious, just like she had expected them to be.

"You were supposed to return two days earlier, Anna," complained her mom.

"I know, but Hunter had an accident and he and Robbie needed my help," she pointed out.

"Why can't they hire help? You're just the kid's teacher," said her mom in a displeased tone.

"He calls me mommy so I'm more than just a teacher to Robbie," Rihanna argued.

"What about the gossip that will start soon because of what you're up to?" asked her mom.

"I don't care about gossip. I'm just helping two people who need me."

"What about Elvis, Rihanna? You know he's still waiting for your answer," asked aunt Katherine.

"It should have been obvious by now that I'll never marry him," said Rihanna.

"Mom, please don't force her into any relationship. Let her choose who she wants to. When you were fair enough with us, why the same can't the same happen with Anna?" asked Rhett, as he sat eating his dinner. He was held up at work and couldn't come home at dinnertime.

"I don't mind if she chose any other man, but the way she's spending nights at Bradshaw's house, it will get us into trouble," said their mom.

"What trouble? We don't care about old women's gossip," said Rex.

"All that's fine, but this Bradshaw fellow is new in Fordsville and he's weird. No one knows anything about him, whereas Elvis comes from a respectable family. He is well established in his life and can give you a stability. But most important of all, he's been waiting for you for 8 long years," said her granddad.