Six

She took her seat quickly, pulling out her binder and taking down more notes with her new professor trying to wrap her mind around why he would ask if she knew the reason how vampires can find their heart strings.

Shaking her head to let her mind focus on the next assignment with her mind all over the place, tying to put together why some high noble vampire sire would want anything to do with someone like her.

She looked down trying to ignore the burning feeling behind her eyes, sniffling and wiping her nose with sleeve writing into her notebook trying to ignore the feeling of her past coming to haunt the good thing that was happening around her.

Adrien watched his little sprite in the corner of his eye, and he was surprised to feel what she was feeling in her heart and soul, that heavy feeling was crushing his own cold beating heart, and he could seat here and watch her suffer.

Standing abruptly, he quickly gathered his own bag and notebook along with the assigned worksheet moving across the room to seat down next to Layla without saying a word and starting on his own class work and listening to the teacher ignoring all the whispers from the human female population.

Layla looked up blinking back tears that had threatened to fall surprised to see Sire Montgomery was sitting next to her, looking like the true noblemen that he was, sitting there with such grace and all her muddle mind could think of was surrounded herself with his warmth and his natural strong scent.

Adrien briefly looked down next to him to see Layla was staring at him with her big, gem like eyes with unshed tears ready to fall, all he sees is the most beautiful, strong kind-hearted woman sitting next to him biting her lip anxiously.

He sighed, sitting back in his seat with his left arm silently open for her to invade his personal space, and that was all it took for the dam to break in her eyes.

Layla quickly wrapped her arms around his waist silently sobbing against his chest and Adrien was stunned for a second before he carefully arranged Layla to sit upon his lap sideways sharing his seat and gently cooing in her ear, rubbing her back to soothe her frayed nerves.

"Shh, Mo ghràdh (my love), let it all out, I am here, and ye are not alone." Adrien whispered, rocking Layla back and forth in his chair with her on his lap, curled up against his chest grabbing the front of his school uniform in her tiny hands, sniffling with her eyes shut close, listening to the sound of his heart drumming.

Adrien hummed, kissing her head every few seconds whenever he would hear a small whimper from her sweet lips, and he used one his left hand to finish his classwork from the day ignoring everyone even the professor who was staring at him in awe.

"Sire Montgomery, I suggest taking miss Monroe to the small clinic if she needs to rest." Adrien blankly stared the professor down, knowing damn well what he was suggesting was to leave Layla in the small clinic where anything could happen, when she is safer sleeping in his arms.

"Wait, professor! Is her name Layla Monroe?" Liam abruptly stood up slamming his hands down upon his desk with his twin shaking his head annoyed with the fact their stupid little sister somehow got into there school of choice.

"Yes, we were all told of the problem's between you and miss Layla." The professor hissed, showing his fangs to put the boys in their place.

The twins shook in slight fear from seeing the rage in their professors face and showing his fangs, telling them all he was a vampire teaching here.

Adrien with the help of Ian gathered all of there belongings along with Layla's, as the three of them left the room with Adrien carrying her towards the Library where Sire Gemstone would be working during the day and night.

"Adrien, what is going on with you and this young human girl. I get that you might think she is your heart string, and you want to take things slow with her, and yet I think you need to just get it over with and ask her for a taste." Ian worriedly said, carrying his and Layla's messenger bag with her belongings inside.

Adrien sighed carrying Layla in his arms with her head leaned against his chest and he knew his friend was right on the fact he needs to confirm she his heart string and the only way to do so is to have taste of her blood.

When they entered the library, they were not expecting to see Sire Gemstone running over to them with worry taking Layla from his hold and walking away behind the Liberians desk. Adrien had to fight against his instinct to no tear into the man who was kind enough to take in Layla.

"What happened?" Joseph worriedly asked, laying Layla down on the small couch placing the warm blanket that was given to her from Lord Crowley.

"Sire, I believe Layla is my heart string." Adrien quietly said, taking his place next to her, and placing her head on his lap, running his hand through her hair.

Joseph sat there stunned watching he most dangerous, and powerful vampire lords to ever have been born, being gentle with a woman he only knew for a few hours.

"Well, I will need to inform Lord Crowley of this and once she awakens, we must find out if she is indeed your heart string, young lord Montgomery." Joseph said, leaving the room to make a call to his Lord Crowley about this turn of events.

Ian placed her bag on the ground, leaning against the wall with his arms now crossed over his chest watching his partner and close friend silently watch the young girl rest against him.

"I hope you are right, my friend. The two other Monroe's seem to be planning on something to do with Layla." Ian calmly stated, watching Adrien's body tense up and seeing this he knows his friend's anger will come to play if anything were to happen to Layla.

"If those arses ever come near my Layla and dare lay a hand against her, I will make them wish they were never born." Adrien deathly said, keeping his eyes towards Layla's sweet face that was helping to cool his rage that burning inside.

Ian felt sorry for the two idiot's if they ever go near or plan to harm her in anyway, when they will deal with one pissed of vampire lord.

"Sire Montgomery, Lord Crowley wants us to head towards his office with Layla and see about this assumption and confirm what you believe is happening between you and Layla." Joseph softly said, watching the young lord before him calmly wake up Layla and helping her to stand on her wobbly feet.

His eyes softened at her child-like actions see how she is now clinging to the young lord, as they leave the room to head towards the headmasters office.

* * * * *

Lucien was shocked when he heard what Joseph explained to him on how his right hand and best royal night guard claims that sweet little Layla was his destined heart string and mate.

"Enter!" he loudly said, watching Adrien walk in with Layla wrapped around his waist with her head tucked away into his side.

"Adrien before we begin have you spoken with Layla about all of this and what needs to happen?" he sternly asked watching his best guard stare him down with a cold stare and a nod.