Eight

"Adrien? Are you in here?" A soft voice spoke in the quiet room, and Adrien turned around with a soft smile gracing his face towards his soon-to-be wife on the next full moon in two weeks.

"Aye, Mo ghràdh (my love). Come here, I need to talk with ye." Adrien softly said, holding his hand out for his mate to take.

Layla took his hand and taking seat sideways on his lap, tucking her head underneath his chin, sighing happily feeling his strong arm wrapped around her waist and hugging her close.

"Well, Sire Crowley called. He told me why he wanted us here and I took up the mantle of CEO of his major tech company here."

Layla looked up at her mate kissing his chin to gain his attention back onto the conversation, and she knew there was more that was said between Adrien and sire Crowley.

Adrien placed his right hand against her right cheek tilting her head slightly back wards, softening his gaze over her sweet ivory face taking it all into memory.

He brought there lips together, feeling the smooth softness of her sweet innocent kiss, and he could not believe feeling of having his mate in his arms, kissing her with everything he has, showing his strong feelings.

Pulling away slightly, he rested their foreheads together enjoying the comfortable moment, and they both shared a matching grin, staring in each other's eyes showing the love they both have for each other.

"Mo ghràdh (my love), my little sprite. In two weeks, we will get married and have the final transformation for ye and for us to finally be together for all eternity."

Layla giggled placing a kiss on the tip of his nose, already knowing all of this seeing how she already knew so much of the matter and yet she was happy in the end to marry the love of her life and spend the rest of there lives forever.

* * * * *

Adrien took his mate to one of the local restaurants in Manhattan, wanting to treat her to a nice dinner without being bombarded by the press and the people in the city.

Layla was happy for once in her life, and even though it has been days since she left this place to find her future and when she found it, she knew she will never let it go seeing how much Adrien cares and loves her with everything he has and that warms her heart more than she already knows.

The hostess showed them to their seats and Adrien being the gentlemen he was raised to be, pulled out his mate's chair and pushed her in before takin his own seat across from her.

"Well, this is a nice little place." Layla giggled out, smiling at him with her sweet smile, making his heart drum the only tune it knows for his mate.

"Aye, I would agree. It is a bit old fashioned and has a very homey feeling." Adrien deeply said, pulling his mate's hands towards his lips kissing her knuckles with a smirk gracing his face.

Layla shyly blushed not use to receiving any kind of affection be it from family or even dare she say friends and the only few that have shown her any form of kindness and affection were Sire Joseph Gemstone and Lord Lucien Crowley.

"Hello, I will be your waiter for this evening, what can I start you out with?" a female voice happily spoke, eyeing her mate with interest.

Layla stared at the other woman with a glare and a pout on her face, looking down at her lap with her folded hands and Adrien chuckled seeing his mate with the cutest expression of jealousy.

"I would appreciate if ye can do your job and grab my wife a cold glass of cola with ice and grab me your best vino di sangue (blood wine)." Adrien coldly told their waiter dismissing her.

He gently grabbed Layla's hands squeezing them gently to gain her attention and what he saw shattered his cold heart, seeing the unshed tears in her eyes.

"Mo ghràdh (my love), please don't cry, ye are the only one my heart has yearned for centuries, my angel." Adrien cooed, helping her to stand up and pulling her to sit on his on lap sideways, away from the prying eyes of those around them.

He wiped her fallen tears, cooing and rocking her side to side to help calm her down and seeing her like this is not how he wanted there night to be, better yet not at all, and knowing how insecure his mate truly is angered him greatly.

He scanned around the restaurant looking for another waiter, when he saw the one who was there waiter come over with there drinks in hand, he was not impressed with her attitude and how she was degrading herself even lower than his own angel, who has more grace and class then this bimbo.

"Place them down, and do me a favor, get me you manager." Adrien calmly bite out, holding his mate against his warm chest, cooing down at her, and taking in her natural floral scent to help keep his blood rage from coming out and killing this female.

He could see the fear in the female waiter's hands as she placed the drinks down onto the table and rushing off afterwards to get her manager for the customer who scared her with how he spoke to her.

Adrien shook his head feeling annoyed and he could feel his fangs itching to feed, and the only human he would ever feed on would be his mate is why he ask for this wine in specific.

"Mr. Montgomery, I am sorry for the delay. What can do for you and your lady this evening?" the restaurant manager rashly said, feeling nervous to be in the presence of one a very powerful man to ever have lived.

"Jones, it seems you need to deal with the female waiters, especially the one's who have no respect for themselves and those they are supposed to be attending too, and more importantly, she did not grab me what I had asked to being with, as you know I do not feed upon human blood with my meals." Adrien coldly said sending a harsh cold stare at the human male he has known for a few years now.

Jones quickly excused himself from the couple and started to bark out orders to his employees telling them that they have a VIP and his partner here attending their establishment and he was not impressed in the least.

"Ashley! What in the hell were you thinking!" Jones angerly stressed-out yelling at the poor woman who was still shaking from the encounter with the male customer.

"Jones, I am sorry. I did not know he was with anyone and all I saw he was with some little girl sitting with him who could be no older then eighteen." Ashley whined out feeling her hands tremble and she clutched her apron.

"Well, that is no excuse to behave the way you have been, especially to the CEO of one of the most powerful tech companies to ever exist and what is worst you gave him the wrong drinks he has asked for!" Jones angerly bite out watching Ashley's face turn white from hearing she messed up big time.

Jones groaned feeling a migraine from having to hear the same crap from almost every powerful supernatural male's who bring their mate's to this establishment, and this was not the first time he had to deal with Ashley trying to ruin the power of mate bonds.

"Ashley, I want you gather you shit and get the hell out of my restaurant, and I will send you your last pay." Jones angrily hissed out, nodding to one of the guards telling them to help Ashley and throw her out.

Ashley was stunned for second as she was forced to leave the only place that would hire her and now, she has no idea what to do with herself since no where will take her on since her boss before Jones blacklisted her for trying to sleep with him when his wife came in, kicking her ass for trying to tear them apart.

* * * * *

Adrien and Layla were now curled up in bed after there crazy evening and now they were talking about the next two weeks and what will happen after her change and what he will do since he believes the best place would be back in his ancestral home where he was born and raised to have his wife change and get marry.

"Layla, Mo ghràdh (my love), why don't we get married in Scotland and have your change there under the moon and stars." Adrien whispered out, thinking about how his parent's would be so very proud of him and his mate that his màthair (mother) would have adored.

"Alright, let's do that. First, we need to head to the company and find out what we need to do first before we plan our trip." Layla softly said, kissing his bare chest lightly, laying her head down and cuddling up in his arms.