Sixteen

A year has passed since Layla found what she was missing her whole life from being at the academy to dealing with her parent's throughout the year and more importantly keeping tabs on her brother Liam who she deems ready to meet with her and talk it all out to help them both heal and move on with there lives.

"Lady Montgomery, Liam Monroe is here for his interview." Joy one of the waiters at the restaurant her husband owns and right now he is away and now she is in charge with her son strapped to her chest in the baby carrier.

"Let him through Joy and please tell everyone I do not want to be disturbed unless absolutely necessary." Layla calmly told Joy who allowed Liam to enter the office.

Liam walked in without realizing who he was going to see and once he made eye contact with his little sister who has been searching for in the last few months and now, he understands why he could not find her she was here in Scotland.

"Layla?" Liam softly asked looking between the little boy with short messy curly sliver hair and lilac eyes staring at him with child curiosity resting against his sister's chest with his little hands gripping her shirt.

"Liam I am glad you are here and please seat." Layla softly told her brother giving him a soft smile in greeting, setting her son down in his play pen handing him over his sippy cup filled with lamb blood his father had done before he left for business back in Manhattan with Jackson and Heath.

Liam slowly blinked his eyes wondering how his sister was able to have children and then he understood that every species human and paranormal can all have children of there own with there life mates.

"Layla what is his name and how old he is?" Liam worriedly asked wondering if he had stepped too far to ask his little sister about his nephew.

Layla can feel her brother brothers worry and she can see within his soul he has changed for the better and is still searching for he is missing within himself, and she knows exactly how that feels until she met her husband and mate.

"Liam this here is little Atticus Mongomery, and he is only a ten months old." Layla softly said with a soft smile briefly watching her son play with his toys and drinking his lunch.

"That is great Layla, I am happy for you." Layla turned her eyes towards her brother feeling his soul lower on itself and she now knows he has gone through enough inner pain to deal with what life has thrown at them both.

"Liam what happen to have you change your ways?" Liam looked at his little sister seeing her for the first time without the cover of the rose-color glasses and he was proud of how far his baby sister has come in the last year.

"After I was banished from the academy for what I had done to Heath I went back home, and Landon came back with his mate who was from a small coven outside of Arizona and they pushed me away telling me how disappointed they were. That was when I realized what kind of brother, I was towards you and how I treated everyone around me when in fact I was below them all. I started to amend everything with the people I had hurt, and I started with Heath and I wa happy for him that he found his second chance mate and was happy he even forgave me knowing I have a long way to go." Liam explained looking down at his hands folded on his lap, before continuing his explanation.

"After that I traveled all over the US, and I began my search for you and during my journey I met someone and well he threw me away without a thought in his mind, not wanting a human for a mate to help him with his wolf pack in Manchester England." Liam sighed out feeling self conscious of himself.

He knows he will never be happy with anyone when he finally accepted himself and knowing where his sexuality lines up and now being the one rejected, he now understands how much pain it can cause for the one to receive the rejection.