Nine

Adrien hummed in thought knowing she was right, and they need to head there tomorrow to see what needs to be done and finalized as he has been away for some time since he was here last and left someone in charge in stead, until he returns take the mantle of CEO.

* * * * *

"If it isn't Adrien Montgomery and who is this little beauty?"

Adrien rolled is eyes feeling annoyed at his old friend who was trying to flirt with his heart string who was now looking adorable and confused looking between the two of them with child-like wonder.

"Jackson, this is my mate, Layla. Mo ghràdh (my love), this is Jackson Kain, younger brother to the alpha of his pack." Adrien calmly said, kissing her temple and gently dragging her along with Jack following behind them with a shit eating grin with his hands in his suit pant pockets.

"Mate? I'll be damn, my old friend. I was not expecting you to return with your heart string in tow." Jack happily chirped out grinning and taking his seat on the couch with his left ankle over his right knee with his arms hanging over the back of couch.

Layla was feeling a little confused seeing how a wolf-shifter and a high-born vampire were not trying to kill each other as she thought they were enemies.

"Um, Adrien. Aren't vampires and wolf-shifters enemies?" She softly asked seeing how Jack heard as well, cooing at her with the grin still on his face.

"Hot damn, my friend. She is absolutely adorable, and not afraid to say what she wants to know." Jack said in thought watching the young lady's face flush cutely that he could not take it anymore.

He quickly snatched her up and sat her down on his lap sideways making her flush more then she normally would, with him now rubbing his cheek against hers cooing and petting her hair happily.

"Jackson, please stop embarrassing my mate and let her breath." Adrien calmly said, taking his seat behind his big oak desk and looking over the paperwork that was now left for him to deal with.

Layla was still flustered now wondering how she got into this predicament with the wolf-shifter, and for once she had no idea how to deal with this.

"Well, sweetheart. Long ago our werewolf king Alexander Lannister and the vampire king Lucien Crowley came to an agreement for a truce and to become allies since the death of one of the vampire's kings own people were murdered in one night and one survivor alluded that massacre."

Layla's finally understood how in-depth going back to Scotland is going to be for her mate, since he told her last night about that awful night that still haunts him to this day.

"Adrien told me last night and we will be leaving for three weeks to get married and for my change to happen." Layla softly told Jack who nodded in understanding seeing how it needs to happen.

"Makes sense, sweetheart. The only reason Addy is allowing me to hold you like this is because I am not into woman." Layla was shocked to hear this and now she understands.

"Well, I am happy for you, and I do hope you one day meet your mate." She softly said giggling and getting off Jack's lap, shaking her head at his whiny voice.

"Oh, Layla please don't leave me, I need the cuddly cute little doll to entertain me instead of the Mr. grumpy."

Adrien briefly looked up sending Jack's a harsh glare and gently placing his mate into his office chair, leaving her there while dragging the mangy wolf-shifter behind him as they had a meeting to get too with Jack howling in laughter.

Layla shook her head giggling at the display of weird friendship between the too men now in her life and she began to start organizing all of her mate's paperwork on his computer and figuring out what has been happening over the years for the company.

After a while she heard a knock on the door, and she politely told the person to enter the office while she was busy working and editing a few important documents.

"Uh, who the hell are you?"

Layla briefly looked up from what she was doing to see a tall woman with fake bleached out hair and clothes that were not even covering the parts of her body that should be covered and not on display for everyone to see.

"Layla Montgomery, and now who are you?" Layla calmly asked, lacing her hands together on top of the desk raising one eyebrow at the woman who dares come in here and demands asking who she is.

"Lorane Ashton, I am Mr. Kain's personal assistant and now soon to be our CEO's assistant as well." Lorane huffed out pushing her hair over her shoulder glaring at her with hatred in her eyes with her arms crossed over her fake bosoms watching the few buttons of her white short sleeve dress shirt stretch out showing her cleavage.

Layla looked at the woman with no interest seeing as she was not following protocol and wearing clothes that show off way too much skin.

"Ms. Ashton, please have a seat while we wait for my husband to return." Layla calmly stated motioning for the blonde bimbo to take a seat, while she went back to work.

"Mo ghràdh (my love), can ye please tell this idiot to stop acting like a damn child." Adrien hissed out walking into his office and pulling off his suit tie she had put on him this morning.

Layla shook her head giggling seeing how annoyed her mate was being towards Jack who was now speaking with Lorane, and she knew that woman was going to try and throw her under the bus for something she did not do.

"Adrien, before Jack is done with the blonde bimbo, I believe she needs to be fired as she does not show any ounce of respect for herself or those around her." Layla softly whispered to him, keeping her eyes on the pair.

"I see Mo ghràdh (my love), did the lass say something to ye that ticked ye off?" Adrien deeply asked, placing his hands on Layla's waist, kissing her temple, and watching the same pair talk in his office.

"Ms. Who are ye and what did ye say to my wife?" Adrien calmly asked aloud waiting for the woman to open her mouth.

"Mr. Montgomery, she verbally attacked me, and I was just trying to introduce myself." The woman whine out sniffling fake tears and trying to pout making her look constipated instead of being cute.

Both Jack and Adrien knew she was lying as they both can smell the sour taste coming off of her in waves.

"You do realize lying is not going to help you in the least not when you have two very powerful creatures standing before you?" Layla said aloud with a flush adoring her cheeks looking between the three of them still in her mates arms, hugging his waist and now hiding her red face against his sternum.