chapter 2

addy
walking along the streets of London is a strange one, because it's not the exactly the safest of areas. Crimes happen a lot in the streets, so it's weird that I feel safer walking about here than in the 'comfort' of my own home.

The tears were still spilling down my cheeks, however at a slower rate. I dashed through the crowds as I simply couldn't miss the light switch on. Carelessly I waved my way through the great people of London.

Not really looking where I was going , and not being in the right frame of mind I suddenly bump in to a complete stranger. "oh shit shit I'm so so sorry" the man spoke. He was taller than me however was a lot shorter than your average man. He had dark skin and a gorgeous face.

"I'm so sorry" I smiled at him, not noticing I was staring into his soul. "Have I got something on my face or?" He chuckled and I did to for the first time in a while.

"nothing I promise just, nothing" I smiled at him and he grinned back. His grin slowly faded into a look of concern. "hey are you okay, have you been crying?"

"haha well done dumb ass" I joked "yea I just had a shitty day and all I want to do is, christmas" I giggled which caused him to laugh aswell.

"well, maybe to lift your spirits you could come to a local cafe with me for a hot coco and then we can watch the lights." he suggested. At first I thought to myself 'I'm trusting a complete stranger!' But he seems super sweet and genuinely weirdly cares about if I'm okay.

"That'd be perfect thank you" I warmly accepted his offered. He quickly left out his hand for me grab, to which I did as he led me through the hectic streets of London on a cold December evening .

After two minutes of walking in a comfortable silence, the cafe the man was talking about was right in sight.

"and I'm sorry love I didn't quite catch your name" he said to me while chewing his gum, I can't lie he looked pretty good.

"adelaide, but people call me addy! And you?"

"tobi, or tobs" he smiled cheekily and I rolled my eyes. "I can already tell we are going to be besties, addy!" He squealed sarcastically causing me to laugh. "you know what tobs I think we will too"

We took a seat nearest the window and ordered ourselves two hot chocolates.

"so adeleaide, why did you come and sit here with me tonight? Trusting a stranger I see? You ever heard the quote stranger danger?" I chuckled at his words.

"yes I have actually although in my defence, I usually don't " i respond.

"so why with me?" He smirked cheekily, again I rolled my eyes jokingly at him. "cause you seem nice and like you care about me a little," I answered shyly fidgeting with the napkin siting in front of me.

"awh thanks addy, id do anything to make sure someone's ok, especially you" he adds making me blush.

Id be 100% lying if I said he wasn't fit, he was unreal. his stunning brown eyes twinkling, his hair was neat and his fashion sense was killer.

the waiter placed our hot cocos on the table, I grabbed it and wrapped my hands around it.

"so tobs, why are you here walking about the streets of London?" i interrogated him. "don't know I like walks and with my job i tend to get stressed, walks help" I nod along "what do you do Tobi?" he sipped on his coco. "that's a conversation for another day" he chuckled to himself.

"anyway, flip it back to you addy, why were you upset? Obviously don't need to tell me but I'd love to help out" I can't tell him to early on. As much as I feel comfortable and somewhat safe with Tobi, I'm not ready to tell him about my step father, no one yet knows about the dirty awful things derek does.

"i got in an argument with my friend, im just a bit sensitive it wasn't that deep but I needed air" I lied to the sweet boys face. "ah, well I hope that gets resolved" he smiled then added "shall we" he got up and smiled at me. God his smile was the cutest.

"we shall" I got up and walked by his side as we made it to the Christmas lights, getting a good view. Luckily we got there just before seven to watch the switch on.

"10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!!!" the streets shouted as all the lights lit up the city of London. Fireworks shortly followed banging loudly in the sky releasing streams of colours.

"merry christmas Adelaide" tobi smirked.

"merry christmas Tobi" I grinned back making eye contact with him for a short moment. This is odd.

I only just met this guy about fourth five minutes ago, and I feel like I've known him for years. And I can't get over how handsome he is. But I push it to the back of my head, god I always do this with men.

"so, what's your plans?" Tobi asked me softly as we fled the crowds of the switch on into a quieter area.
I didn't know how to answer his question. What were my plans? Because quite frankly I didn't want to go home, as I'm terrified of Derek. But part of me wants to go home so I don't get punished later.

"Adelaide?" Tobi waved his hand across my face bringing me out my thoughts "hm- I sorry uhm I don't know what my plans are" i stuttered slightly.

"Well it's getting a little late do you want me to take you home or-," he started. "no no no uhm yeah no I can go myself I promise." I said quickly. As much as I'm grateful for his offer, I couldn't let him. I've never let anyone I know near my home. Derek would kill me.

"but it's like pitch black, you one hundred on that?" he asked confused. "mhm" I say unconvincingly. "you could always camp out at mine for the night?" he added.

"no tobs, I'll be fine. In fact I'd be even better if you have me your number so we could keep in touch," I smiled.

"really, you've enjoyed our time together that much?" He questioned and my eyes went wide. "and have you not?" I asked back with an attitude. "didn't say that addy, didn't say that" he smirked as he finished typing his number into my phone, handing it back.

"text me when you're home addy" he said pulling me in for a hug which I gladly accepted. no one really gives me loving hugs anymore, not even my mother barley. Sometimes she's so caught up in my step father she forgets that I exist. So although Tobi is technically a stranger, he seems to care about me which I appreciate.

"will do" I smiled brightly up at him. "and thanks for tonight it really lifted my spirits and sorry if I ruined your evening "

"hey, stop apologising you're welcome. honestly addy I'm here whenever you need me even though we just met. Text me and I'll come help or do whatever I can okay" he said to me, weirdly making me tear up.

"bye tobi" i said, as weird as it is, I don't want to let him go. I don't want to go back home. I want to stay with this stranger, who now I feel close with and safe with. It's a weird one, I mean he probably just sees me as an unfortunate soul that he felt bad for and helped. But hopefully we can stay in touch.

"bye addy"