chapter 10

ADDY

anxiously, I tap my foot on the cold hospital floor whilst I wait for the boys to arrive, being here myself and worrying is definitely not good for me.

when I'm alone I tend to overthink, a lot. and right now I'm just thinking about all the possibilities that could've happened to tobi, and they're scaring me.

number one: hopefully he just collapsed from impact, but due to the condition I seen him in id think different.

number two: he could die, god I hope not, weirdly right now he's all I have. obviously I've got the boys aswell but me and tobi have formed an amazing relationship and id hate for him to leave, forever. and what would I tell his family? god.

number three: he's surverly injured but after some healing and taking it easy, he should be okay. I pray that this is the one. although id hate to see him suffering, its better than losing him and I know hell get better eventually.

sighing loudly , I constantly find myself looking at the clock, where are these boys? jj said they'd be here soon but since the phone call, its been silence-

"Adelaide!" I hear from round the corner and I jump to my feet, running up to hug the boys. I hug each and everyone of them, trying to hold in tears. however when I got to his childhood best friend, josh, I seen the concern and fright in his face, causing me to burst out in tears.

"im so so sorry josh, if id have known Derek would've done that I wouldnt have took him with me, that should be me in there!" I cried.

"he addy, its not your fault okay. plus" he begins talking to the whole group "we know him, he'll pull through" everyone nodded along, I lead them to the waiting room where we all filled up the last of the seats.

"hey addy, if you don't mind me asking, what the fuck actually happened?" harry blurted out, meaning no harm and I smile back at him weakly. I can tell he also is scared for tobi, he's just trying to hide it a lot more than the others.

"I mean I wasn't there when it happened but, from what I managed to get out of it, while I was there my step father charged at me but tobi stepped in and pushed him away which infuriated my step dad, tobi told me to run and get my stuff because our plan was for me to fully move out of the home, he's abusive. then from there, im pretty sure Derek punched tobi in the stomach, tobi hit Derek in the face, then while he was down tobi tried to look for something to knock my step dad out and he found a piece of glass, turned around and was met with Dereks fist, which probably made him very nauseous as he's quite strong but tobi used the last of his strength to hit Derek across the face with the glass, which did end up working. but it also left tobi very damaged and delicate, so that's what happened" I laughed in pity for myself and everyone involved in this situation.

"oh Nelly, addy first of all im so sorry you've had to live with him he sounds awful! and Jesus I hope tobis okay" harry side hugged me and I thanked him. from my story, everyone was shocked and I don't know what about. my abusive step father or what happened to tobi.

the next hour or so in hospital felt like eternity, everyone uneasily waiting for us to be called in to see tobi, to see the boy im now certain I love.

I begin chewing my nails out of fear, aswell as im scared for tobi, hospitals hold a lot of trauma for me. when I was younger I used to surely suffer from an eating disorder called anorexia.

around the time my mother and biological father were begging to bicker, it was like I could already see my future ahead of me, my dad would eventually leave us and wed be homeless. my mum also often took her rage out on me calling me fat and even sometimes a beast, which made me self conscious.