chapter 8

ADDY

tobi looked down at me in disbelief. "are you sure love?" he asks rather protectively and I rolled my eyes. "yes tobs, I'm sure" I sigh. "I mean I'm going to have to face him eventually and besides I feel safe with you. he nods along then smiles "what" I ask laughing. "awh little addy feels safe with me" he playfully teases and I shake my head, punching him lightly, "shut up tobi brown"

eventually, after a lot of tobis excuse of why we should stay in bed and cuddle, we got up and began getting ready for a 'fantastic' day ahead. 

am I ready to see him live in the flesh after running away without a trace, with a reason of course but he has no clue of where I've been. I wonder if Derek has noticed. I wonder if Derek even cares that I disappeared. I wonder what he said to my mother when she came home and her daughter was no where to be found, I wonder.

I pull on some grey baggy joggies and a tight cropped black top. then I start to think, what will he surmise of tobi. will he try put on his act of a nice old guy who could cause no harm. or be his ordinary cold self. will he warm tobi with a nice hug then torture me behind his back? or will he attack tobi, till he's dead. will he even be home when I go to collect my clothes? or will he be lay across the couch, smelling of alcohol and insanely drunk. will he ask tobi who he is to me , assume he's just a friend? or will he conclude that tobi is my love interest and call me a slut and whore. 

all these thoughts and possibilities are racing through my head, they just can't seem to go away. I don't know what to expect off of my step father. then again I never do. as long as he doesn't harm tobi.

"you good addy" tobi hesitated slightly, knowing I was very anxious and still on the fence about going. I nodded my head , "yeah yeah I'm fine I just hope he's not aggressive, better I hope he's not even there" I giggle as I climb into the passenger seat of his luxurious car.

"well, whatever he does ill be right here with you, I won't let him hurt you Adelaide' he stated clearly, locking eyes with me. "I wont let him hurt you either tobi" I trembled, putting my seatbelt on and locking it in as tobi began the drive to mine. I'm sat here thinking, I can't even stop him from hurting me. how in the hell would I stop him from touching tobi. shit.

the car ride there was tense. not one of us spoke a words, probably because we were both shitting it and silently praying that Dereks white van would not be parked in the drive way. I look up from my lap, as we swerve round the final corner. "this is my street" I say confidently, crossing my finger that he'll- 

"oh shit" tobi blurted. his van. its there. he's here. Dereks here. my abusive step father. he's here. me and tobi were frozen, staring at the house and van, contemplating all of our life decisions. should we go back to tobis? is this even worth it? "we have to go in" I mumbled to myself receiving a defensive look from tobi "sure?" he asked. sanguinely I nodded.

tobi parked his car a little further down the street from my house, just so Derek couldn't catch sight of us. silence once again filled the car, fear floating around the atmosphere. we both step out the car and I begin to shake, memories coming back and thoughts of what could happen, scaring me. "adds" tobi grabbed my hand. "well be okay, well both come out okay." he promised me, I smiled up at him, he's perfect. he planted one last kiss on my fore head as we both doomingly walked to the house of horror.

terrified, I silently open the front door, the cold metal handle burning my skin of flashbacks. tobi follows behind me and I'm hit with a treacherous feeling, a gut feeling that somethings insanely off, more than usual.

the smell of dirty vodka filled me and tobis nostrils and lungs. the smell was so loud and spoke volumes for what this house hold was, a shit hole. 

the television was loudly blaring in my ears, I felt it through my whole body, vibrating. also my step father needs to wash because the BO in this house is seriously not okay.  

"oh for fucks sake ref that's a fucking red!" I heard Derek shout from the living room drunkingly causing me to squeal and jump out of my skin. did he hear? please say he didn't-

"Adelaide Wilson, if that is you I swear to god" I heard him scream aggressively, stumbling on his words and making loud bangs from the living room. a single tear falls from my eye as I grip tobis hand and squeeze it so tight, cutting off his blood circulation. he heard, he's coming for us.

I half close my eyes, trying to hide from the sight of my wicked step father, praying I will not see him at the end of that god damn hall. however, seconds later he appears at the end of it, with a grin and eyes of fire, a look that could kill. "ADELAIDE WILSON WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN" he roared charging down from the hall towards me. I brace myself and prepare for impact, closing my eyes and already beginning to cry. 

BANG! but I haven't been hit, I havent even been touched. I open my eyes fearfully and look around through my blurred vision, seeing my step father lay across the floor and tobi with a shocked and angered look on his face.  

"I swear to god, don't even try touch her again!' tobi shouts, pissed off and infuriated by Derek, who rolls his eyes and scoffs, helping himself off the hard wooden floor.  

"and you are what? her boyfriend? hm? mate, son let me tell you something. that little brat over there that you've got yourself, she's a slut, a whore a nasty little hoe! that's who you're with right now son. and being with her is just as bad so get away from her mate- run,"

"don't you dare, call her that" tobi says, his voice shaky and laced with annoyance. "but she's my step daughter mate" my step father warbled, him and tobi coming face to face and eye to eye. Derek has his focus now complete off of me and on tobi, however my anxiety is high right now. I don't want tobi to get hurt. 

I stare helpless at the two men until tobi looks at me , then to the stairs and back before mouthing "run" and with that I took off up the flight of stares, catching Dereks attention but tobi stops him from running after me. god I hope he doesn't do anything to tobi while I'm up here. 

uneasily, I ran across the landing of my home and to my bedroom. shakily I rummaged around for a bag quickly, there's only so long tobi can battle with Derek till it ends in a murder case. finally I find a massive suitcase and begin launching everything I own into it. everything in my line of sight, makeup , perfume , jewellery , pictures anything I have chucking it into my suitcase.

whilst I'm doing all of this frantically, I can hear a whole frenzy going on downstairs. muffled screams and thankfully, no loud noises like-

CRASH! then a smash of glass. "shit shit shit" I mutter under my breath, grabbing my bags which aren't even zipped up, and rapidly pacing back down stairs, everything in hand. praying, praying that I don't walk down stairs to a crime scene , and the man I love lay in a puddle of blood. but when I get to the bottom of the stairs, the sight I see may just be worse.

two men on the floor, one out cold and one hurt and struggling to stay conscious, but whom?

oh shit not the cliff hangerrr

thoughts and predictions for next chapter guys ??