BC113: Daylight (Heroes & Co.)-4

When they finally touched down in Argus, the team got a surprise when they walked in the doors of the main building.

Shine and Wally, with Grace this time, were waiting there for them.

Everyone stopped and stared at them for a second before the girls and Oscar and Jaune ran forward to hug them.

Shine and Wally sprang up to hug them back.

Grace, who was in a baby carrier/car seat, just cooed at them.

"I don't understand--why are you here?" Emerald asked them. "We were all gone."

"It didn't take long for us both to decide that if you guys all lived through this, we were going to be here," Shine said. "It stings that we can't go to these fights with you, but at least we can be here, waiting."

"That's so sweet," Pyrrha said, starting to cry. "I'm actually really glad you're here. There's so much to talk about..."

"They couldn't wait till I had a chance to clean off first," Cinder said.

"You really think they care?" Mercury commented to her.

"No, but I do." She frowned. "Besides, the last thing I need is another person lecturing me for doing something so 'stupid'."

"Oh, well, Shine's lecture will make all of ours seem mild." Mercury clapped her on the shoulder, making her lurch forward and hiss.

"I'm still recovering there, you jackass!"

"Sorry, I forgot, okay? I'm still sore too."

"Oh really?" Cinder smacked him.

Mercury flinched. "Hey, we all got beaten up, no need to make it personal."

"You should really be more gentle with girls," Royal said, passing Mercury with a knowing look.

"Oh really, I need your advice now?" Mercury followed him, annoyed. "Last I checked, I have a girlfriend, and you don't."

"Emerald is more tolerant," Royal said.

"Tolerant?"

"I'm glad they're up to being so annoying," Yang said, yawning as she followed. "But, boy, are they loud."

Actually, Cinder had only really got lectured by Winter towards the latter half of the ride back, once everyone had calmed down.

Winter had just said that she should never pull anything like that again, and they'd be watching to make sure she didn't. 

Cinder suspected Winter was trying to say she'd been worried, but privately, she didn't think there was any reason. She never wanted to do anything like this ever again.

How did Pyrrha say she didn't regret it? Getting treated like that was a nightmare... Well, perhaps just dying fast would have not been as unpleasant to think about..

Then Cinder realized how weird that thought was and immediately dropped it.

[Yeah, it makes you think how odd this would be still, huh?]

"Where is Cinder?" Shine was already asking, as she didn't see her yet. "I see everyone I was worried about except... Oh, there she is."

"I was just about to say I found her." Wally was standing behind Cinder before she'd even known he'd moved. "Hey, Cinder... Actually you're in better shape than I expected. I guess you won't let a little thing like the Baba Tribe get you down."

His cheerful attitude about it just made her feel worse. Everyone was being way too nice--it wasn't natural.

"Cinder." Shine made her way over and hugged her, despite the dust that was till covering Cinder from head to toe, though some of it she'd managed to get off while on the ship.