BC19: Gold (Kip and Penny)-4

[Opener is "Faust, Midas, and Myself", by Switchfoot]

Accordingly, a week later, Penny's squad took a large freight airship with tools to the appropriate spot in the Depression Valley and oversaw them starting to drill through the ground.

It took over a day of them drilling to get under the lake, and the noise was awful.

Drew some Grimm too; they knew man-made machines when they heard them.

But Penny and the DAPA team picked them off so fast, Mercury didn't have to do a thing.

So far, he'd not corrected the impression he'd made on them either.

But he seemed subdued.

Then finally, the drills hit an air pocket.

Penny, Kip, DAPA, and Mercury all rushed through the tunnel after the workers radioed them the news and told them they should come see for themselves.

Penny turned on her searchlights, and the workers had their machine lights on.

Inside this cavern was the biggest array of fire dust any of them had ever seen--and the drillers had see quite a few in their time.

[The second image looks a lot like dust, I think.]

"That has to be worth

"That has to be worth...millions of lien," one worker said in awe.

"I can't believe it was just sitting here under the lake all these years," said another.

"I'm not sure we can fit it all on the carrier, even if we could dig it all up in one go. We'd still need more help."

"Better make some calls for more mining equipment..."

[Did anyone catch the allusion to the story of Jesus telling his disciples to throw their nets to the other side with what Oscar said and what they found?]

"This is a miracle!" Penny shook Kip's arm. "Even after I found it, I didn't expect it to be this deep of a cave. There's much more than I thought."

She snapped some photos. "I'm sending these to Winter right away."