BC112: Daylight (Heroes & Co.)-3

Raven and Qrow and Theo came in to get them, and thankfully they thought to bring a makeshift sling, as they thought both of them would have broken bones.

Cinder was all right...sort of, but when she tried to walk she almost collapsed immediately.

Raven took her and pulled her through the portal, scolding her the entire time.

"You had to miss the d--- portal! Make us do all this extra work, and what do I find when I finally made a connection to one of you? You sitting there, holding hands like this is a picnic, and not actually trying to escape!"

"What was I supposed to do?" Cinder was not taking Raven seriously at all.

"Something useful!" Raven said.

The brilliant sunlight flashed in their eyes as the doorway opened into the sunny clearing with the plane in it.

The other team members cheered.

"Cinder!" Emerald ran up in relief and hugged her without getting pushed away.

Cinder was too tired to do or say a lot.

"Yay, it worked!" Ruby said.

"Cinder!" Esmeralda came hurrying over. Cinder realized she wasn't limping.

"Did Oscar...?" she said.

"What? Oh...oh, yeah, he's amazing," Esmeralda said. "I have not felt so good in years... I suspect that it's also because I'm actually outside the hideout...and it's gone! It's all gone!" 

She sounded close to hysterics herself, but in the good way.

"She keeps saying that," Yang said. "But it's kind of cute, in a weird way. She's like a puppy...only if a puppy was a grown woman."

"So like Ruby," Weiss said.

"Aw, Weiss, so I'm a puppy?" Ruby hugged her. "And you like dogs."

"Not what I meant..." Weiss said.

[Actually that would explain why Weiss likes Ruby begrudgingly, even if she says she's annoying.]

"My word, Cinder." Roman twirled his cane. "You look dreadful. Did the entire dirt mound fall on you?"

"I think you should look in the mirror," Cinder said.

"Yes...well, those hooligans did soil my coat." Roman was moody about it. "But we gave them what for anyway."

Neo pumped her fist.

"She's terrible," one of the bandits grumbled. "Took the legs right out from under me and then used me to beat myself up."

"The dog was worse," said another.

"All of you, shut up." Joanna was not happy with them.

"Yeah, zip it." Harriet made a fist.

"Zwei! Where is Zwei?" Ruby asked suddenly.

"Last I saw of him and Oobleck, they were shooting fireballs at some Grimm," Sun said, "but I'm sure they're around here somewhere."

Yang whistled.

Zwei shot out of the trees a few seconds later, dragging Oobleck with him.

"Marvelous dog!" Oobleck cried, not much bothered. "We sent those mongrels running! Hello, girls."

"Hi, Doctor," all three members of Team RWBY said calmly.

Jaune was trying to patch Royal up.

"I think we're going to need more medics," he said, breathing hard.