BC21: Wise (Snow Archer and Co.)-2

[Opening AMV to "Warriors" by Holy Schneet.]

The Beacon Ceremony had a much larger turnout.

Ruby waved at Oscar from the stage. He wouldn't graduate for another year or so.

Glynda seemed pleased, for her, as she awarded the licenses/diplomas.

Shine and Wally arrived right before Ruby stepped up, and slipped into the crowd.

"You're late," Raven told them.

"Crap, missed the mark," Shine said.

"We left as soon as we could, but you know the schism makes it hard to nail the hour," Wally said. "But look, our little Ruby is all grown up."

"Don't you dare cry at this. The weddings were bad enough, and Tai's already got it covered," Raven warned.

Ruby nodded at them.

Once it was over, she hopped down and joined the group.

"One more thing completed, right?" She fist pumped.

"I can't keep up," Yang said, shaking her head.

"This a good time?" Neptune asked her.

"Maybe wait," she replied.

"Good time for what?" Tai asked, trying to keep Caiden from wandering into the crowd with Zwei.

"I'm sorry we're late," Shine apologized. "But I hope this might help compensate." She pulled out two packages and handed one to Ruby and one to Weiss.

"You missed her speech though," Sun said, pointing to Weiss.

"It wasn't planned," Weiss said.

"It's okay. I recorded it." Neptune held up his scroll.

Ruby opened her package and found a book about leadership. Inside the cover Shine had put a quote:

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." (John Quincy Adams)

"Oh, that's nice." Weiss had the same thing.

"So is there a party?" Wally asked.

"The schools are having one, but there was gonna be a lot of drinking and stuff." Ruby made a face. "I don't really want to be around that, so we're just going to go to my house, if you guys want to join us. Dad made a cake again."

"Sign me up," Sun said.

"I almost wish I'd finished school," Blake said. "I've been thinking about doing something more academic, but Haven still isn't open, and I didn't want to leave the capital yet."

"We need to fix that," Winter mused. "But who'd be qualified?"

"You would," Shine said. "If you wanted to go into teaching."

"I don't think that's for me," Winter said.

"It's too bad. You're good at it," Ruby noted. "You're always teaching us, and Uncle Qrow was so cool as a teacher, but he doesn't want to either."

"I might like to teach." Weiss tilted her head. "But not fighting, like I said. I'm just not sure what to do."

"Hey, Blake, if Haven did reopen, you should just teach at it," Sun said. "Like books or something, like Dr. Oobleck did. Hey, Dr. Blake would have a nice ring to it."

"I wouldn't mind getting a doctorate in something like that," Blake said. "I'd be pretty good at history. I just don't like people that much."

"To be fair, all you really have to do is assign stuff," Shine said. "You can public speak. I think you'd be a good teacher. More Faunus would probably come too. I mean, Leo was a Faunus, so..."