BC63: Twisted (Heroes and Villains)-2

However, Emerald and Mercury arrived only a few minutes later, just in time to find the Belladonnas and Piper had cleared the last of the evil tree thing and were heading back to the meeting house.

Robyn met them right on the corner too.

"Who is this?" Blake asked when she saw Cinnamon and Briggs with the Obsidian team.

"They're...uh, from Miss Malachite," Emerald said. "We have a problem."

She pointed to the package. "More weapons, all bugged, we think. The same black dust Neo described."

"I saw the same thing in the house," Kali said. "It's growing Grimm somehow, like spores."

"Or seeds," Gira mused. "How would anyone get that?"

"I hate to think about it," Emerald said.

"Ew," Robyn said. "That's disgusting. So where's the guy, in there?"

"Yes, in that house," Gira said. 

They walked up to the door.

"Uh...better leave that stuff out here." Emerald thought twice about taking the bugged weapons closer to Dawkins.

"Just send the guards out here with me," Kali said. "I think it's best if they don't hear this interrogation till we're sure what we want everyone to know. You're all cleared for this, right?"

"All except these two. I just need them to confirm something," Emerald said.

The two spies didn't look enthused about it, but they followed her in.

"You!" Cinder saw them.

"Hi," Cinnamon had the gall to say casually.

"Why are you here?" Cinder bristled.

"Keep your dress on," Briggs said. "We're not here for you, now."

"It's okay, I worked it out." Emerald hurried to step forward. "Turns out the crooks were scamming them too. They bugged their weapons. I think they might have been going to make a move on this city."

"Why would they? It's too big," Royal said.

"That's what we can't figure out," Mercury said. "But good news, the guy who can help us is sitting right there."

He frowned at Dawkins.

Robyn walked up.

"Okay, Dodge, or whatever it was, this can be easy or hard," she said, pushing up her sleeves. "I can tell when you're lying, so if you want to not drag this out, just be honest right off."

"Robyn Hill." Dawkins frowned. "Well, I might have known. I guess the jig is up then."

"If you're smart," the Fang member said.

"Kali said to go wait with her," Emerald told them. "This is where we take over."

They seemed glad enough to go.

"We need to wait." Yang was trying to get Carmine to leave with her.

"I don't want to leave my dad!" Carmine was not having it.

"Kid, this is not going to be pretty," Yang pleaded. "Come on."

"No," Carmine wailed.

"Oh, for the love of--" Cinder lost patience. "Xiao Long, do you not know when to just call it? Drag her out if she won't go willingly. You're much stronger than she is."

"I didn't want her to freak out," Yang said.

"That's her problem," Cinder said.

"Oh, great way to handle kids, Cinder," Mercury said.