4)

I wake up, see to maple, and then go to school today u leave my long hair down.
I arrive at school, and go straight to first lesson -maths. I sit alone for this lesson. Mr Thomas is in the middle of explaining inverse proportion to us when there's a knock at the door and then somebody walks in.
"Ah! You must be Kai!" Mr Thomas greets him. "The new boy"
"Yes." He nods. My god, he's sooo good looking! No doubt the popular group will snatch him up though, there's no way in hell he'd want to start out at a new school and bother with a loner like me.
"Welcome to Holmes chapel high school! Hope  you enjoy it here! Take a seat next to Lilly, at the front here, and then I'll get you your books," says mr thomas, going to bud cupboard where he stores such things.
Kai comes over and takes a seat next to me he smells nice too.
"Hi - hi," I say nervously to him, shifting my textbook closer to me to give him some more room.
"Hi," he says, flashing me a smile which revealed his unnaturally white teeth, which were the exact same shade as the sweater that he was wearing.
"So, umm, do you like it here?" I ask him awkwardly. I'm not used to making conversation with people my own age, as you can guess.
He laughs. Have I said something wrong? "I haven't had much of a chance to explore the area yet," he grind.
"Oh, yes, of course," I stutter.
"What do you think of the area?" He asks. He seems so confident. Why couldn't I be more confident like him?
"Uh, it's alright, I guess. There's a couple of shops, and uh, that's it, really," I smile.
"Oh, I see," he pauses. "What do you have 4th?"
"4th... um, chemistry," I say,
"Me too! What do you say to us having lunch together in the canteen? That's only if you want to"
Wow! Somebody actually wants to spend time with me! This is... unreal! And who cared if he was new and he'd probably ditch me when he finds out what a loser I am!
"Yes! I'll - I'll sit next to you for lunch," I smile.
The end of maths goes by in a blur. Next is English, something, I find, Kai isn't in my class for, which is disappointing. Actually, no, it's not. The less classes he's in with me the better, because that means that I won't be embarrassed in front of him. That would be catastrophic. For English I sit next to a girl called Megan she's also in the popular group, although she doesn't really bother with awsten's lot. I am in the middle of analysing the poem' the interrogation' when our teacher has to leave the room to go to the photocopying room. And she takes ages, so they all start on me.
I feel somebody lightly tug at my hair. I turn around and see Brandon behind me. God I hate hun. He's so big headed!
"What?" I say.
"What's this with you and the new boy, huh?" He grins, and the rest sneer at me.
"Yeah? Who is he?" Asks Lauren his best friend.
"Oh, I don't know. Just somebody new," I say, trying to act casual even though my heart is racing.
"Listen here," she snaps, "don't you dare, like, even look at him, right. He's mine. And if I find out you've been hitting on him, I'll get Brandon to set Awsten onto you"
No! She couldn't do this to me! Lauren goes though boys like she does hair dyed! I nod my head in agreement, even though I won't abide by her little rule. Besides, Awsten torments me every day, it wouldn't be any different.
"Don't worry, laur, I doubt he'd want to go out with somebody like that anyway," Brandon reassures her.
"Oh, yeah, of course. Just making sure," she says.
I sigh, and turn back around in my seat. How dare they.
After chemistry, Kai walks with me to the canteen. He's pretty smart. He's better at maths and sciences though, whereas I'm better at English and history and R.E etc. He strides confidently over to a table - awsten's table. I feel nervous, but I don't say anything, and go to order a cheese baguette. We sit down, and he starts up a conversation. It's like he wants to know every detail about me! It feels so nice, because nobody is ever that interested in me.
"So when is your birthday?" He asks.
"August the 31st," I say, taking a bite out of my baguette.
"You must be the youngest out of the entire year! I'm nearly a year older than you then, because mine's October the 16th"
"Hmm. What sort of things do you like to do?"
"I like to play sports. In fact, I'm going for football try out's tomorrow afternoon. I had P.E 3rd. Mr Owen has already said that I can be on the rugby team"
"Oh, that's good,"I smile.
"Do you go to any clubs?" He inquires.
"No. I just revise and read and look after my animals," I say truthfully, not wanting him to believe I was part of the cheer leading club or anything like the popular girls are.
"Really? What animals do you have?"
"I have a horse, called maple, and my sister and my mom have one too. And I have a dog called max, and a cat called maisy. Do you have any pets?"
"Yeah, I have a dog. He's a black Labrador called Ned. Listen, I was thinking, do you fancy grabbing a drink after school today? You could help me get to know the place"
"Are you.., are you asking me out?" I ask, unsure.
He grins, "you could put it that way"
I smile back at him, "then yeah"
"Meet me down at the square at 4?" He smiles.