28)

Lilly's POV:
School today. Great. I'd rather have another day snuggling up with Awsten, to be honest. I drag myself out of bed. Emma is feeding Maple for me today seeing as she has a day off university so she has plenty of time on her hands.
I get myself dressed, and I style my hair. I put the usual amount of makeup on - blusher, bronzer, lip balm as it's so cold, and of course mascara.
I grab my bag and begin to walk to school. I feel different today. Much more confident. Maybe it's because I know I have at least one friend: well, boyfriend. But he still sort of counts as a friend, right?
First lesson of the day -maths. And who do I sit next to? Kai. And he ignores me the entire time. Ha, like hell do I need him. I have Awsten now. Second lesson is English.  I do want to scream in Lauren's face that I have a boyfriend now, but a) the teacher is there, b). Don't want to start a fight and c) why should I have to stoop as low as her?
At break time I go to meet Awsten at the library - as planned. But then I feel a strong hand grip my wrist and pull me back into them. I turn around. Otto.
"What do you want?" I squeak. Suddenly a crowd starts to gather - Kai, Lauren, Brandon, Geoff...This isn't going to end well. He pushes me into the lockers, and the rest burst into hysterics. He pushes his muscular torso into me. "Do I have to have a reason to hurt you?" He asks.
He raises a hand to slap me. I smirk, as I see Awsten start to approach him quietly from behind. "What are you laughing at?" He frowns at me. Awsten grabs Otto's' hand, and yanks him away from me.
"Gee, what's gotten into you, Knight?" Otto demands, obviously gutted that he didn't get to slap me. I look at the popular's faces. Just like I guessed. Shocked.
"There will be no more bullying Lilly, do you hear me? That goes for every single one of you," Awsten announces.
"You get to bully her!" Otto protests.
"No, nobody does. Me and Lilly are boyfriend and girlfriend now," he says, causing me to turn bright pink.
Otto let's out a low chuckle, "Are you serious, mate? Look at her. You can have anybody, do you really want to go out with that?" He asks, looking at me in disgust. The worst part: he's right.
"Yes, actually, I do. Lilly is gorgeous. I don't care if the rest of you don't think so. I've loved her ever since I knew her"
"Then why did you bully her for?" Asks Otto.
"Because I wanted to make her unpopular so nobody else will go out with her. Plus I was mad she didn't like me back," Awsten says. He's being really brave, putting his popularity on the line for me.
"So what about us? You can't just expect us to like her," says Otto.
"I never said that. But you may want to give her a chance, as long as you don't flirt with her"
"Why would I flirt with her? Out of all the people, dude"
"What do you mean 'all the people'?" Asks Awsten, his blue/greyish green eyes meet slits.
"She's unpopular, a smart ass, and let's just say she isn't the best looking. Plus she's like anorexic," he says. Tears start to form in my eyes. He's right about all of this. Awsten looks at me, then glares at Otto.
"I swear to god, I could f (u - c - k - I - g) punch you right now, Otto! Stay away from her unless you're going to be nice!" Then he puts a protective arm around me and guides me out of the crowd, who are standing there with their mouths gaping open.
We go to the library. In 5 minutes, Ashley, Kayla, and Morgan come in.They never come in the library. Something is most definitely up. A bit of information about them; Ashley is the leader, always gets what she wants, pretty false, and Kayla and Morgan, they're her slaves, and also false.
They come and sit at our table, which makes me feel uneasy. "Hi!" Says Ashley, putting on a huge smile, like really big. Here we go. The other two smile as well, copying her.
"Hi," says Awsten. I ignore them, just like they've always ignored me.
"So how are you, Lilly?" She asks me, even though she probably doesn't even care.
"I'm, fine, thanks," I mumble.
"Heard you two are going out! True?" She asks, Making her eyes go big, and pouting her thick lips slightly. Awsten nods. "Aws, since when? I thought you two, like, hated each other!" She laughs.
"No, I've always loved her. She's beautiful"
"Aww, that's so sweet! Yeah, she is beautiful, Aws. Aw, look, she's blushing!" She says, like I'm 6. I wonder what it is she wants.
"I've always wanted to be friends with you, Lilly. Oh, please say you'll be my friend! I'm so sick of these too!" She says in a desperate voice, rolling her eyes. What a sad friend. "Well, will you?" She pushes. I say yes, even though I have no plan on actually bothering with her. It just makes life easier, I guess.
"Thank goodness! Oh, house party on the weekend! Please say you will come, won't you? Come, come! Oh come on, awsten, it won't be the same without you you! And you? Lilly! Please come!"
Why does she have to be so annoying? "Yeah, I'll come," says Awsten.
"Great!" She says, sticking her chest put. She's already revealing enough. And see that top? Just a black bra underneath. Disgusting. And isn't it a bit chilly for those shorts? Saying that she has her own car.
"So, details! My place -Ashstreet cove, number 3, on Friday, at 7! You can't miss it! I'll be supplying all the drinks! Oh and Lilly, you can come over as soon as school finishes to get ready with us girls!"
"Oh, no thank you, if rather arrive with Awsten"
"Oh, you're so sweet!" She says, scrunching up her nose at me. "Gotta go, said I'd meet Matt. He's getting so clingy lately. Should I break up with him girls?" She asks her friends, looking around at them.
"Totally!" Says Kayla.
"Yeah, like, Matt is so......annoying!" Says Morgan, chewing her gum really fast.
"Bye, guys!" Says Ashley as she saunters out of the library. I lift my hand as if to wave.
Then I turn on Awsten, "I can't believe you signed me up for that!" I moan.
"Hey, it's for your own good! Do you want to be popular, or not?"
"No! Not with people like that!" I say.
"Ok, do you want to be bullied, or not?"
"No"
"Then you go to the house party"
"But I don't want to drink"
"Then don't"
"And I don't have an outfit"
"We can go shopping for one tonight then. There's a New Look down town"
"Ok then," I sigh.
To be honest, I'm quite looking forward to going shopping with him. I wonder what sort of taste he has in clothes.....