14)

The next day, I feed maple as usual, and then come in from the yard and get dressed.
At break time, I do all in my power to avoid Awsten and his gang. They may think that ungrateful, but he cares? They're the horrible ones, not me. I'm absolutely livid with Awsten. He didn't care about spending ages on the floor last night, all he wanted was to take me home so he could wind me up and insult me. What a sick sense of entertainment he had. He even made me believe he was doing a kind gesture.
And the rest were laughing. Otto found it hilarious and so did Geoff, but not quite as much as Otto. Geoff may have been slightly, sort of, kinda nice. He's certainly not as bad as the other 2. But still not to be trusted.
I don't see Kai at break, which is very odd. Usually he meets me in the library. I don't know, maybe he has some sort of club to go to, or he needs to see a teacher or something. So I spend break in my own. I wait for Awsten to come looking for me, but he doesn't.
After history and geography it's lunch - thank goodness. I'm dying to see Kai, and I'm starving too. I go to the library, but he's not there. Ah, I remember. He said he had P.E last, he's probably still down the sports hall.
I walk down to the sports hall at a brisk pace, and then swing open the doors. What I see inside turns my blood to ice. I freeze, wanting to look away yet I can't. The scene before me is horrific. I see Kai with Lauren, pressed into the wall, snuggling each other's faces off. Before I can stop myself, a tear trickles from one eyes, then another, then another. Lauren glances over Kai's shoulder and see's me. A smirk comes onto her face when she see's she's upset me.
I sniff, trying to stop crying. This catches Kai's attention. He turns around and see's me. His face looks like a puppy who has done something wrong. He starts to jog towards me, and I go to storm off. He quickly grabs my wrist and yanks me back.
"Lilly I - "
"Save it, Kai!" I snap, trying to break free bud he's too strong. Soon, Lauren runs up.
"Just tell the bitch, come on," she says.
"No,"says Kai.
"Fine. I will. Me and Kai have been seeing each other for, like, 5 days. That isn't our first kids, just so you know"
I force my watery blue eyes up into Kai's. "Hoe could you? I thought you cared about me," I say.
"Umm, we'll, I - "
"You have no excuses. You were just setting me up!" I say, yanking my wrist away from him and then I storm off.
I go back to my usual bench, where I used to go before Kai came along. I wish I'd never met him now. He said he card about me, that he loved me, but it was all lies. And I honestly believed him. I thought he cared about me when I was getting bullied. I remember when he said he'd had a couple of girlfriends' and 'been on a couple of dates.' Obviously he is a liar. Well, I am never going to forgive him now.
I've lost my appetite, so I throw my food in the bin. Then Otto walks past. "Oooooh, Lilly," he grins when he see's me. I ignore him. I really couldn't put up either then right now, or ever again. "I see you're alone. Where's lover boy then?"
"None of your business," I snap at him.
"Uh, it is too my business, girl, ha, have you been crying?" H laughs when he see's my tear stained face. I look up into his brown eyes,
"You're sick, you know that? Is there even one sympathetic bone in your body?" I whisper.
" Not for you. Awsten told us about all the horrible things you said and did to him last night. Thumping him in the chest, being ungrateful and not saying thank you even though he carried you all the way home. You even slapped him in the face, didn't you?"
I decide not to answer his question. I don't care what he thinks. "So, I have come to a little arrangement," he says. This simple statement automatically gets me worried. "You will meet us up at the football field straight after school, do you hear me?"
"I'm not going to get beat up," I sniffle.
He comes right up close then, his face inches from mine. "You will come, or I'll send one of us to drag you there, got it?"
I ignore him again, and then he walks off
*******
I walk out of the school building, obviously not going in the direction of the football field. Like hell would I let them beat me up! They can't get to me now either, by threatening me with Kai. I walk under the subway and carry on left, rather then going right to the field.
"Oi, Lilly!" I look behind me and see it's Otto. "Get your ass up here right now!" He bellows. I shake my head at him, and quicken my pace, wanting to get away from him. But he starts to come after me. He's full on chasing me!
I start to sprint. On the bright side, he isn't the fastest out of all of them. As a matter of fact, he's actually the slowest member of the gang. I can outrun him, surely. I sprint my fastest and then risk turning behind me to see how much ground is between us. Ha! A good 10 meters. Then again, I did have a head start....
I carry on running. I feel his weight on me as he tackles me, and I instantly drop to the ground. My elbows skid across the harsh concrete and I lift my head so I don't graze my chin. I gasp at the impact.
"You have to do things the hard way, don't you?" He snaps, getting off me and yanking me up by my wrist. He attempts dragging me back up.
"No!" I squeal, leave me alone, I don't want to go!"
"After what you did to Awsten, you should be glad I haven't punched you yet," he says horribly. I start to cry then. Why is life so unfair? Why are they so unfair?
He drags me up to the football field, and I'm surprised to see Awsten and Geoff aren't there. Usually Awsten is the ring leader, telling everybody what to do. It isn't like Otto to take charge of something, he's the easily influenced one, the one who gets told what to do. At least the strongest 2 are gone.
"I know what you did to Awsten last night babe," Otto says, intimidating me by coming close and towering over me.
"He - he scared me though," I say, trying to back away from him.
"Aww, did he scare little Lilly Taylor?" He taunts.
"Hoe would you like to be slapped across the face, hmm?" Otto says, a twinkle in his brown eyes.
"N - no!" I shout at him, even though it comes out more of a squeak because I'm so scared.
"Didn't think so. But, you know, do unto others as you'd have done unto you," he says.
Otto then slaps me hard in both cheeks. I scream at the pain.
"Don't scream, babes, this is all your fault, not mine not ours," says Otto, as if that would make me feel any better.
"And didn't you punch him, Otto says.
"No! I thumped him! And it didn't hurt him, anyway!" I say, trying to explain myself.
"Leave me alone!" I say.
"That's not going to happen. This is your punishment for attempting to hurt my friend, ok?" He replies.
"But he hurts me all the time!" I protest.
Then Otto punches me in the chest. I scream in agony, he lets go of me then, and I completely fall, then Otto walks off and leaves me. I'm crying all the more now. I really hate him all of them.