24)

It was at that moment, looking into his blue/ greyish green eyes, everything seemed normal. Ok. Like all my problems have been resolved m, or I need not worry about them right now.
You might think I'm crazy. But I have truly fallen in love either way the bully. Only I know he won't be a bully any longer.
I get up off the floor, and then so does he.
"This must be your horse," he says, gesturing towards Maple and touching her nose.
"Yes, her names Maple," I say, introducing him to her.
"She's lovely," he compliments. I makes me happy when people compliment my horse.
I smile at him when he says that. " would you like to ride her?" I ask him.
"Oh no, not today, I haven't got a helmet, have I?" He points out.
"Oh, of course! Sorry! How about you come over on Saturday then? That's if you want to," I say shyly, and feel my cheeks turning pink.
"You're cute when you blush," he smirks, which makes me blush all the more, "and of course I'll come over Saturday. You could teach me how to ride!"
"Ok, I never thought you'd be patient enough for riding,I had you down as more of a football player," I say.
"I am a football player. And you can't say I'm not patient, the amount of time I've been waiting on you!" He says.
"Good point," I reply. "I'd best be going back now. Maple is growing impatient"
As if to confirm this, maple let out a very lot neigh and started pawing the leaves below with her hoof.
"Ok, but I can at least walk you home?" He asks hopefully.
"Wouldn't that be going out of your way?" I inquire.
"Not really. I have enough time on my hands," he grins.
"Fine," I say, grabbing maple's reins and starting to walk her home.
"Why don't you ride her?" He asks.
"Because I'll be pretty high up and I thought you'd want to talk to me," I explain.
"I definitely want to talk to you, but I want to see you ride as well. It's not fair on you to walk when you brought a horse," he says.
"Ok," I say, stopping to mount up. I swing into the saddle and land on her back lightly.
"Wow," he grins, looking up at me for once. I smile, and cluck Maple on at a walk through the trees. Then I get a good idea,
"Come on, Awsten, let's see if you can run," I say, and I squeeze the mare into a fast trot, dodging all the trees that come our way.
"Hey, wait up!" Awsten calls. I look behind me and laugh as I see him jogging after us. I see he's gaining on us. I know I have the upper hand here, so I ask for a canter, but only a slow canter to give him more of a chance.
"Lilly! That's not funny!" He yells, running his fastest behind. I could go for a gallop, but that would be showing off. So I slow Maple back down to a walk to allow Awsten to catch up.
"Hoe was that for exercise?" I ask him.
"Not very fun," he replies, a little bit of a pout on his face which makes me giggle.
"I love the sound of your laugh," he says.
"You do?"I ask, because it's so extraordinary for people to compliment me, especially him.
"Yes, it sounds like wind chimes, and well, you. You don't have that annoying cackle like most of the girls in our school"
Me and Awsten walk beck to my place. I see my mum leading her horse, Pablo, from the field. Then she see's me, and then Awsten by my side. For a moment she frowns to herself, then walks over smiling because I've never brought anybody home before.
"Hello!" She smiles.
"Hi,"says Awsten politely, shaking her extended hand.
"I'm Colleen, Lilly's mum. Who must you be?" I cringe to myself at my mums formality.
"I'm Awsten Knight," says Awsten.
"I was just putting on a cheese and tomato pasta bake, care to join us?" She asks him. Oh god she's putting him on the spot, I think to myself.
"Uh, if that's ok with Lilly," says Awsten, looking up at me because I'm still on Maple's back.
"What? Oh yes, you can have food with us Awsten," I say.
"Then yes please," he smiles politely.
""Great! Let me just go and do Pablo's feed and I'll put dinner straight on!" She smiles, and then she opens the wooden gate for us. We thank her, and then Awsten shuts it.
I walk Maple to her stable. "Wow, your property is impressive," says Awsten, looking around in awe.
"Thank you," I smile.
I dismount and put Maple in her stable. I start to untack her. Just then, Emma comes past: she walks straight past, and then walks backwards after recognising Awsten.
"Oooo! A boy!" She says, smiling and clapping her hands, "are you going out?"
Awsten stays quiet, and I turn bright red, "I knew it, I knew it! What is your name?" She asks him. Poor boy.
"Awsten, and you are?" He inquires.
"Emma, her sister,"she says, "Must dash, I need to do Moonacre's feed"
"Is that another horse?" He asks when she's gone.
"Yes, he belongs to her," I say.
"How many horses do you have?"
"Just 3, mine, Pablo and Moonacre"
"That's so cool"
"Do you want to help me prepare her feed?" I ask him.
"Yes please," he answers.
He follows me to the feed room, and takes in all the different types of feed. I grab her purple bucket, and her haynet and put them in the counter.
"Right, can you pass me the chaff, please? It says on the food bin, don't worry. But be careful, it's heavy," I warn him.
"I think I can manage if you can," he smirks, and pushes the chaff bin towards me. I put in 2 scoops, and then he does some pellets, and it gets mixed in with pony puts and ready grass, and 2 chopped carrots. I stuff her haynet full of hay, and awsten helps carry the water which is always heavy.
Maple enjoys her meal, and I put her fleecy purple rug on her whilst me and Awsten go back into the house and enjoy a meal of pasta bake, followed by strawberry cheesecake for dessert, which is my favourite dessert. And he acted like a gentleman all night long!