Episode 2: The Man In The Straw Hat (pt 1)

Short chapter, guys. We'll see Buggy in the next chapter.😀

__________________________________

3rd POV:
"You want trouble? You just found it." Young Luffy said, staring down at the bottle in front of him.

Then, he stretches his arm far back, "Gum Gum...Pistol!" His arm latches and hits a chair near by instead as Makino walks in.

"Luffy, can't you practice somewhere else?" Makino carries a tray of dirty cups to wash as Luffy asked if she had glue to fix the chair.

She said that she's not worry about the chair, but rather she's worry about people judging Luffy for having abilites.

Luffy insures her that he likes being different and that it would make him a great pirate. Then, she asked him a certain question.

"Luffy, what do you know about devil fruits?" "They don't taste very good." "No two are the same. You see, they each grant you a unique ability, but there's a reason they're called Devil Fruits."

"It's because of the deal you make when you eat one. Mother Ocean turns her back on you and the sea take away your strength." "All I know is that the Gum Gum Fruit is worth more than all of Shanks' treasure and I ate it, so that makes me worth more."

"Plus, Shanks told me about the newly King of the Pirates having a devil fruit, but she can still swim in the sea." "That's because Mother Ocean fears them and cursed the fruit. Besides, you ever heard, "There's no such thing as a free lunch?" "Is it lunchtime?"

Makino chuckles before saying that Luffy fix the chair and see if there's anything in the kitchen to make lunch for Luffy.

Then, Shanks walks in bar as Luffy stood up, excitedly to show Shanks his new ability before Makino stopped him cause she's running out of furniture.

Shanks and Makino talked as she run back to get more supplies for the ship. Luffy again asked Shanks to let him join the crew, but Shanks rejected him again.

Luffy begs before Yassop said something about leaving before Lucky Roux quites him down. Luffy turns to Shanks to questioned him.

"A few months? Are you going after the One Piece?" Luffy said, smiling. Shanks nodded as Luffy asked when will he come back before hearing the news that Shanks won't be coming back.

Luffy frowns before walking to the broken chair, upset that his role model is leaving and not returning. Makino walks back in, looking at Shanks with a look on her face.

"What did you tell him?" Shanks stayed quiet, turning his head to look at the upset Luffy. "The truth."

Nami turns the lock, trying to get the save to open up as Luffy swings upside down, making Nami annoyed

"Can you not do...that?" Nami said, Max giggles quietly as she rocks Ash to sleep, humming softly and looking at the view.