Episode 2: The Man In The Straw Hat (pt 4)

3rd POV:
Koby opens the door as Bogard tells him to come in and to take a seat. Koby closes the door to walk towards the desk where Garp feeds Morgan's snail phone.

Garp feeds the snail as Koby sits down and fixes his uniform to make it more appropriate in front of an upper rank.

"Something wrong with your uniform, son?" Garp asked which Koby responds that it's a bit big for him before Garp tells him what he called Koby in for.

Garp gets up from the chair and walks around the desk to where Koby is sitting, popping a question. "How long have you been working with the pirates who attacked this base?"

Koby denied it, but Bogard tells him that he was seen with two pirates until Garp tells Koby to tell the truth or be hanged on the crosses in the yard.

Koby stayed silent for a second before taking a shakey deep breath. "I was held captive by a pirate named Alvida. I was her prisoner. It was horrible. Then they saved me."

Garp asked who and froze when he heard Luffy and Max's names. "The Straw Hat Pirate and The Pirate Queen? You say their names are....Luffy and Maxine?" "Yes, sir."

Garp looks at him suspensly, questioning Koby of his role of the attack, which he denied it once more. "I'm not pretending. Being a marine is my dream. Marines make the world a better place. One where people feel safe."

Koby explained to Garp, "that's what I told Luffy and Max. And they set me free." "Did they now?" Garp asked Koby why he didn't tell anyone and he worries that they wouldn't let him join the marines, crushing his dreams into pieces.

Garp moved the chair with his foot, close to Koby before sitting down, saying that telling the truth is a strong value for the marines.

"One last question. This, uh, duo.....do you owe them any allegiance?" "They're pirates. Pirates should face justice." Garp chuckles and puts his hand on Koby's shoulder, saying that they will find the duo together.

In Luffy's flashback, young Luffy rest his arms on the table with a sad look on his face as Makino places a plate of food in front of him

"I know that you're upset, but you should eat something." Makino said as Luffy said that he isn't hungry.

"You're never not hungry. What's going on?" Makino checks on Luffy before hearing the same bandits coming in the bar.

The leader asked Makino for booze before Luffy lashes out that they aren't welcome in the bar and for making fun of Shanks.

"You want to take like a man, you better be ready to back it up like a man." The leader said in a threatening voice, lifting Luffy up.

Makino pleaded with the bandit, saying that he's just a kid. He pushed Makino away from them before Shanks comes to save the day.