Episode 4: The Pirates Are Coming (pt 2)

3rd POV:
In the middle of the forest, a young Zoro walks in with 2 katanas. He waits for his rival, Kuina finish practicing with her sword, the Wado Ichimonji.

After she is done, she puts her sword away and looks at Zoro, who was standing in front of her

Both of them with determine on their faces as they stare at each other. "Ready to learn your lesson?" Kuina said.

"Not in this lifetime. Let's end this." Zoro pulls out his 2 swords and gets into a fighting stance, followed by Kuina also pulling out her sword and into a fighting stance.

After being defeated by Kuina for the millionth time. He admits that he can't beat her before she holds her hand out to Zoro, which he takes, pulling himself up.

Zoro said that he doesn't deserve to wield a sword before getting scolded by Kuina. "Don't be an idiot. You've always had raw skill. And you'll only get better." Kuina said.

"You'll surpass me in size, strength and speed. Eventually, you'll surpass me in everything." Zoro looks at her as if she grew a second head.

Then, Kuina opens up that he'll get better than her as they'll grow up, saying that girls can beat boys, but no woman can beat a man.

"Don't say that. Don't make excuses. You're my goal. If you just give up, what has all our training been for? Let's fight everyday. We'll keep getting better and stronger until one of us becomes the greatest."

A teary Kuina looks at Zoro, asking him if he'll do that for her. Zoro puts his hand where his heart is, "I, Roronoa Zoro, vow to fight, train and kick your butt every single day."

Then, Kuina makes her vows as well before they shake their hands. "If we keep that vow, one of us will become the world's greatest swordman..." "Or woman." ".....to ever live." "Just like my idol, the second world's greatest swordwomen."

They both smile, making a vow to each other, not knowing that it will be the last time they will see each other.

As the next day, Zoro stands by the water, waiting for Kuina to arrive. Then, his teacher and Kuina's father, walks over to him as Zoro explains that he's waiting for her.

He asked if he knows where Kuina is before getting the news that she passed away from falling down the stairs. Zoro tears up, not believing that she's gone forever as they made a promise.

All the kids gather around to have a funeral for Kuina as Zoro bows down before grabbing the Wado Ichimonji.

He ask his teacher if he can have the honor to carry her sword. Her father said that it's a rare blade to get their hands on and said why he should let Zoro have it.

Then, Zoro said that they both made a promise to each other to becoming the world's greatest swordman. He allows Zoro to have it to ont only fulfill the promise for him, but for Kuina.

Zoro puts the sword on his waistband with a determine look on his face.

-End of flashback-

Zoro climbs up the well with all his strength as he's almost at the top before a hand grabs his hand to pull him out of the well.