Episode 8: Worst In The East (pt 2)

3rd POV:
In the middle of the night, Coco Village threw a huge party after being imprison for years to finally feel at peace.

The adults are drinking and eat, kids playing around with firework sticks. Sanji serves food to the villagers and tries to flirt with Nojiko, who straight up rejected.

Sanji sees Zoro next in line, going for seconds. "Ooh! Back for seconds. Must have like it." Sanji teases Zoro. "Yeah, it was okay." "That plate says different."

"Gotta keep my strength up, even with your cooking." "It's the least you can do, considering I saved your ass from those fishmen."

They both bickered on who saved who until Sanji said that he doesn't need 3 swords to prove that he's a man. He hands Zoro the plate before walking away.

Ussop tells the story of what happened, but in his own version while the gang stood behind the crowds.

Ussop finishes his story after seeing the crew that he had a little help with his fight. Luffy cheers for Ussop as everyone followed suited.

Then, marines walked in and circled around everyone. The villagers got scared and huddled with each other as the crew got ready to attack.

"I'd rethink that if I were you." Bogard said, eyeing Zoro and Max for almost getting their swords.

Max death glare at Garp while tighting her grip on Ash. "So, these are the Strawhat Pirates? Huh? Marines, arrest them."

Once Garp said that, Max hands Luffy Ash before stepping out forward, facing Garp. Then, Max flicks her arm as a cut formed on her wrist, creating a hammer out of blood.

But all was stopped after Koby stepped forward, saying that Arlong was responsible for destroying Coco Village. He stood up, that he won't take orders.

Helmepoo follows suit after Koby, causing Garp to sigh. Max chuckles before mocking Garp, hugging Koby from the back.

"Awwww, old gezzer! Looks like your cadets got tired of the marine world. So sorry if it hurts your feelings, grandpa." Max said.

Every marine gasps and whispers to each other of the bomb shell. Garp looks at her in shocked as Max shrugs.

"What? They were gonna find out sooner or later, Grandpa." Max said before a gun clicked beside her, seeing Bellemere pointing a gun at the marines.

"You can't arrest them. They saved our village! They saved our people! They saved our land!" Bellemere yelled out as the villagers shout, agreeing with her.

Garp raises his hand, signaling everyone to silents. "Come here, brats." Garp signals Luffy and Max to follow him.

Max and Luffy just stared at them as they followed him. "I gave you both every opportunity to follow my path, to become a respected marines. But instead, you chose to become a pirate and you chose to become the King of the Pirates."

Luffy smiles at Garp and holds Max's hand tightly. "No, Grandpa. I've always been a pirate." "No more running, boy. Last chance. Give it up." "That's not really my thing."

Max knows what's gonna happen and tries to stop Garp. "Grandpa! That's enough! You can't change our minds!" Max said before Luffy puts his hands on her shoulders.

"It's okay, Maxy. Grandpa knows what he's doing." "But I-" "I know that you and him fight all the time and forbidden him from seeing Ash. He knows what he's doing. Why can't you see the same thing?"

Max stops and thinks of all the time when Max would step up to stop Garp from fighting the boys and the fights that they have over the years.

She looks at Garp and Luffy before slowly stepping back for the first time to let them fight. Garp takes off his coat and throws it away, prepared to fight as Luffy does the same thing.