12. The project

Athulya's POV

I didn't realised when I slept that night with my head on my knees as always with my diary in my hand , rubbing my eyes I opened them. There was constant knocking at my door, I stood up slowly when the knocking went louder. I knew who it would be , Shanta Aunty of course. I was standing at the front of door but couldn't muster courage to open it , I don't want to meet anyone. The sound went on low before stopping , whoever it was they left. Taking a quick shower , I grabbed my inhaler and phone before locking my diary. I have a lock in it because personal means personal and I don't want anyone to read it, it is too embarrassing.

Well, yesterday's incident was not new for me, I have always been a target of such comments.  It was a reason I never trusted anyone with my secrets , I had always lived alone and now its my only companion. They say all this is due to sin of last birth and I knew my sins are only increasing so I don't want to imagine my next birth , which I knew would be soon.

Taking my bag I went down meeting two pair of eyes but I turned away , moving my feet fastly to reach the door but she called.

"Eat something " I didn't turned to see her face because I will not be able to stop myself then.

"I am not hungry" I tried to put up a nonchalant tone but I could hear footsteps in my direction. I realised she was coming to me , I turned to find a sandwhich in her hand and in no moment it was in my mouth.

"Mom..." I tried to finish the stuff inside my mouth as she gave a smile before moving her hands at my face.

"Go carefully" I nodded before going out and there I meet Daniel who was already inside the car , busy talking . Must be one of his many. I didn't said anything knowing there is no benefit of arguing with him. He nodded at driver to start the car and I made myself comfortable .

I was feeling  sleepy and low , I have always slept only this long but never felt like this .  To avoid the sleep I opened my phone to check the mails but I closed them when I saw him peeking .

"It not a good thing to peek in a girl's phone , don't you have manners?"

"No, I never needed them in my work."

Of course how could I forgot he has nothing just a body. Idiot.

My phone rings and I knew who it would be, I hid the screen so that the name will not be visible to him.

10 Missed calls from MR.

Finally , I picked up the call seeing him busy in his phone.

"Hello Isha" I started as soon the call is picked.

"Huh??"

"Sorry I forgot your file yesterday, I will give it today."

"Stop making me work over  time"

"I am really sorry please manage it for some time, well what about your speech? I want you to win"

"Done! Well I have arranged poison in case.."

I coughed to see his reaction , he was looking at me only.

"Put the call on speaker."

"You are impossible Daniel, am I going to flee with my boyfriend"

He didn't answered and I put my call on speaker , giving up finally.

"Hello?He..llo? She ended the call , "

He didn't reacted and I am glad the call ended or else..

The rest of ride was going silent as I was not feeling well and not wanting to meet his eyes , I was looking out of the window . I knew he was looking at me after every 5 minute span. The feeling of being watched constantly seems normal until unless your experience it too.