14. Her Fate

Athulya's Pov

It was not a busy time , the roads were mostly empty  and that increased my uneasiness . Even though there was nothing to be sad, life is still same for me but I knew I was not happy from inside. My surroundings felt like demons ready to eat me. I tried listening a few songs but they didn't helped. There was something eating me from inside but what? I don't know.

I washed my face , splashing water on it to erase everything , I want to forgot myself for sometime.  It is one of those moments of my life when I needs someone by my side , I just wants to hug someone. But I hates being weak in front of others , I don't want anyone to see this broken Athulya. I walked in my room , looked through the window , I even tried looking at a few of my happy memories . Nothing worked , I just wants to throw everything , punch someone to release my dull mood.  

I wished I could breath in fresh air , this room is like a prison that I wants to escape away. My inside was screaming for help but there was no one to listen. No one.

Shanta Aunty will come soon and I will get an escape from here ,so to divert my mind I took a shower . The cold water droplets washed my dried tears , my body went numb , I was not shivering from cold . I  wished I could cry but even the tears were not coming . I am helpless.

As soon I heard the sound of keys , I got relief . She came inside and got surprised to see I am already ready. I smiled at her before running out like a kid running to play. My feet stopped near the temple, I love this area, it's calming , peaceful and always gives positive vibes. 

Ringing the bell, I entered inside , running my hand at each pillar before sitting in front of god . I closed my eyes forgetting the whole world. I am not Athulya Oberoi here, I am not a rude girl here, I am not Miss Oberoi, not anyone's Mam , I am nothing here . I am just a soul unaware of all that's happening out in the world. 

I don't know till how long was I sitting there like someone in deep meditation until someone woke me up . I came back to this world ,as  Athulya Oberoi. 

"Athulya , this early?" I opened my eyes to look up , it was Pandit ji.

"Yes, I was ready so I thought.."

"Here, take prasad (Food offered to god) " I forwarded my hand , to take it and he placed  his hand on my head as blessing.

"Why do you remains sad always?" He read my face and asked calmly, politely.

"No.. there's nothing like that"

"Nothing lasts forever, stay happy on whatever you have . Not everyone's life is like a cream cake , to get better life, sometimes you have to live in pain" He smiled at me and I also forced a smile, he does not knows I comes here to remind myself of that night , my scars and to meet the lost Athulya.

"Come, Aaryaveer" He turned his eyes , and I saw that Aaryaveer and Mrs Singhania were entering the temple. His emerald eyes meet with mine before we both turned away. I stood up smiling politely before leaving. His mother smiled at me and opened his mouth, I halted knowing she will be asking something.

"You will caught cold beta, wear woolen clothes." She was gritting her teeth in cold , then I realised I was wearing a kurti with no sleeves . I smiled and walked past her trying my best to avoid the pair of emerald eyes, same as mine.

I rushed away from there  not wanting my family to worry. Reaching the door , I saw it open . This indicates Nihal Bhai is back and there will be a chaos in house, its better to sneak in.  

Mom was prepairing the breakfast , same toast . I am kind of bored from them but no one can oppose her in house so have to survive on this only. Remembering  the project with Nidhi , I decided to leave early for the college. Even Daniel has arrived so I can get a permission to go.         Packing my bag, taking both my phones and most important thing my inhaler . I walked down the stairs , Daniel was sitting there , gossiping about me from dad. I smiled imagining him as neighbourhood Aunties.