33. Jet-Set Intrigues

10K+ reads!!!!! Thank you so much! Grateful to all of you who are reading this story and supporting me with your comments and vote.

Also, as few of you were asking me about her love interest. So let us get a pole. Type yes or no. Then I will decide over it.

But in my opinion it would have been better if the story focuses on love life of her brother's rather than hers. She is still young for relationships and her attitude is not of that kind as well. I personally likes her better being single.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Athulya's POV

In the taxi en route to the airport, I stole a final glance at Jaisalmer, capturing its essence through my camera lens-busy roads, lively traffic, serene sand dunes, and majestic forts. Exiting the ice cream parlor without saying much weighed on my heart, but at that moment, words eluded me. Grateful for the calming effect of the pills, I felt much better.

Now, I'll have to beg forgiveness from my bestie. I didn't even say goodbye to her. Stop acting like lovers parting ways; you'll meet her again in just a few days. Ugh! My brain never ceases to roast me.

I was in the midst of a conversation with my own mind when my phone blared its Sigma-tuned ringtone. The driver glanced at me through the rearview mirror, and I shot him an irritated look. It was Nidhi calling - how could I forget her?

"Athulya, you didn't even bother to let me know or meet up before leaving. It's quite selfish of you. But keep in mind, you've connected yourself with Nidhi Sharma, and I'm not planning on letting you off the hook anytime soon."

"Fine, Madam."

I rolled my eyes in a mix of annoyance and amusement, my fingers tapping rhythmically on my phone screen as Nidhi's voice continued through the call.

"Now, listen to me," Nidhi insisted.

Glancing out of the window, I appeared absorbed in the passing scenery.

"I am already listening to you, so even you saying 'listen to me' is not going to increase my hearing range," I quipped, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Professor was asking for the project; are you still living in 2023? Cause the deadline was the end of that year." I rolled my eyes, frustration evident in my expression.

"I am sending you details; write them and submit it on your behalf." I sighed, feeling the weight of my responsibilities and commitments.

"And what about you?" I could imagine her chewing her pen while asking this.

"I will see what to do once I return. Don't worry about me; I have my ways. I will get full grades even if I submit at the end of 2024." An devilish shine flashed in my eyes while reasurring her.

"But what about our spying plan? That day we were going there, but just because of your lie, we had to go to the hospital instead." A hint of regret crossed my face, realizing the unintended consequences of my actions.

"Let me come back once; I will work on that as well. But till then, don't ruin your grades because of me. Submit whatever I am giving."

"I hope you are not planning to write about your own company." Nidhi's skepticism was met with a sly smile on my end.

"You know what, Nidhi, there is no fun in writing about the things you already know." I looked through the window to check the area. "Bye, I have to check in at the airport."