32. Silent Storms Within

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Athulya's POV

"You know what Mr. , even my heels do more damage. If your aim needs refining, don't hesitate to seek some guidance from me." My words reverberated through the hushed hall, and I couldn't help but smirk at the frustration etched across his face when I showed my heels.

I proceeded towards my room, indifferent to the lingering glances. The deliberate slam of the door echoed loudly, a pointed announcement meant for everyone within earshot.

Preparing for tomorrow's flight, I swung open my closet, opting for a selection of black suits - a signature choice for my travels. The soft thud of black heels meeting the floor punctuated the room, adding to the monochromatic ensemble.

Turning to the dresser, I gathered my makeup essentials with practiced ease, the clinking of bullet packs reminding me of the two worlds I navigated. A quick selection of analog watches, each holding its own story, found a snug spot in my bag.

The room soon echoed with the sounds of zippers, plastic, and the satisfying click of a closing suitcase. In this simple act of packing, the essence of my dual life was encapsulated, ready to be transported to the next destination.

I dialled Ms. Sinha's number to confirm my flight details, the anticipation evident in my voice.

"Hello?" I kept my tone nonchalant but there was a conversation already going on other side and she didn't even realised that she is on a call.

"Aww... He is such a heartthrob. His emerald eyes, ahh.."

"You never said that about me! I also have the same eyes."

My frustration bubbled up as I overheard Ms. Sinha gushing over Aaryaveer. The audacity! I'm her boss, and here she was, openly praising another company's CEO, a male no less. Sure, I'm a girl, but that didn't give her the right to shower admiration on someone outside our professional realm. If she wanted to appreciate someone, it should unequivocally be me. Jealousy tinged my voice, but I couldn't let such behavior slide, not in my workplace.

"His abs..." She continued.

"Shut up! I also have abs."

"And his veins, and when he gulps, his jawline is as sharp that it can cut anything."

"YOU. ARE. TALKING. TO. YOUR. BOSS. MISS. SINHA." Finally, all my anger came out.

I heard a distinct thud as the phone hit the ground.

"S-Sorry, Ma'am."

"Your working hours are increased to 15"

"I-I am really sorry."

"Here, I am paying you, and you dared to speak about my enemy in front of me. If I find any of you drooling over him or praising, you will be fired. And now it's your work to send hate letters to his home every day. For the content, you can ask me what to write."

"Y-Yes, Ma'am."

"Send me the tickets for my flight. At what time is it?"

"Sure, Ma'am! It is at 12 PM. They have sent a letter as well."

"Send it as well and stop focusing on Aaryaveer; you better be focusing on the stocks right now!"

My tone was stern and commanding, with an underlying frustration. I couldn't afford any distractions, especially when it came due to Mr. Aaryaveer. I made it clear that his name should not even be mentioned in my workplace, let alone being admired. Ms. Sinha's slip-up warranted a swift reprimand to maintain discipline in my professional life.