sunsets. || sixteen.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Ainsley was laying on her bed, scrolling through her phone. Whatever she told her friends about studying wasn't all a lie, she did have some studying to do but it's wasn't for now.

As she was getting bored of lazing away, she came across something on Pinterest. It was just a bunch of things to do when you're bored.

After checking out everything that was listed on there, she decided to step out and draw something. She wasn't the best artist but all she wanted to do now was pass time.

So there she was at the library, looking through Pinterest to find something to draw. As she was scrolling, someone pulled her earbud out. Ainsley looked to her side to see Cyno.

He took a seat across her before giving her a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Ainsley was confused of his presence here. There was still time until their break ended and she remembered him telling her that he would spend it with his family.

"Oh yeah, I came back just yesterday, to catch up on studies." He explained earning a nod from Ainsley.

Ainsley let out a sigh. She wanted to be alone and quiet, that's why she came here but now she has to converse with Cyno. Don't get her wrong tho, she was waiting for that moment but now was not the right time.

She was too worn out, mentally and physically, to socialize. That's why she left her stay at Malfoy's place earlier than planned.

"Does my presence.. bother you?" Cyno asks breaking the silence. Ainsley looked up at him, her eyes landing on his. She likes his eyes, they were arguably the best feature of his. They reminded her of the golden glow that the sun emits just before leaving the sky, just for the moon to takeover.

She had read a story somewhere about the sun and the moon, that the sun always leaves the sky to let the moon shine. From then on sunsets to her were a symbol of love and affection. Whenever she felt the warm light on her skin, she felt loved and she feels the same when she looks in his eyes.

"I can leave if you're uncomfortable." Cyno suggested, snapping Ainsley out of her trance. She finally realised what was going on and immediately spoke out

"No, no!! I just spaced out... sorry about that." Cyno scanned her face and noticed that something was botherinh her. He did not hesitate to ask her about it.

" You look bothered... You can always vent to me you know, I promise I'll be a good listener! " Cyno really sounded concerned that moment. It made her smile. She was glad that someone even bothered to worry about her when she herself shrugs her emotions off.

"It's- I don't know. I just feel empty." She admitted with a small smile looking down while fidgeting a lavender coloured mechanical pencil in her hand.

Cyno eyed the girl while taking in what she said. He wasn't an expert at emotions so he didn't know what empty indicates but he knew that it wasn't something joyous. He decided not to talk about it and changed the topic. He hoped she could forget whatever that worried her, at least for a moment and wear a genuine smile. That was all he wanted. Nothing more, nothing less, just for her to be happy.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

There weren't a lot of people at Hogwarts, almost every one of the students had left to spend time at home. That explained why Ainsley and Cyno were left alone in the Ravenclaw common room.

They were talking about this and that, with Cyno cracking some jokes in between. Ainsley definitely was more cheerful than the other day at the library. She was glad to have Cyno by her side. She was grateful for his constant efforts to make her curl his lips.

Their chit chat and laughter was interrupted when a third presence entered the room.

"Are y'all finally dating or what?" Olivia said plopping on the couch across them.

"Fucking hell, Liv." Ainsley muttered, feeling startled by her lovely friend's sudden appearance.

"Damn, Ainsley. After all that you said about how you'd stay single for the rest of your life, you're the first one to get a bf." Andrea commented taking a seat beside Olivia.

Cyno was puzzled. He turned to Ainsley and questioned her "You have a boyfriend? " She looked back at him and shook her head.

" They mean you. " She said. Now, that confused Cyno even more. He stared into empty space for a while before a thought occurred to him. He quickly raised another question

" I am your boyfriend? " Ainsley facepalmed herself.

" Since when? I didn't even ask you out yet." Cyno continued. Now Ainsley was confused looking at his face, because he looked like he was wondering if he missed a few chapters.

"Ooohh~ yet. He said yet. " Olivia elbowed Andy while squealing.

"Damn he basically just asked her out." Andy's comment was heard by Cyno, who grew flustered.

Not as much as Ainsley tho. She thought she played it cool, but her reddened ears contrasted her thoughts.

"Whatever, i-im hungry." Ainsley announced, standing up from her seat leaving to wherever her feet lef her.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Short chapter. Again. I'm sorry but exams are going on and I just can't seem to bring myself to write. I will try my best to update more often tho. And thank you, Indonesian reader that praised my writing on Instagram, your compliment motivated me to write this chapter.

-RJ <3

(word count: 940.)