unfunny but fun. || six.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

We got along very well.

'We' here refers to I, Iris, Carla, Tighnari and Cyno.

They both were really friendly but Tighnari was the one that did most of the talking while Cyno only answered and said a few statements of acknowledgement, letting us know that he's following our conversation.

"Oh by the way, one of my close friends sent me a bunch of fruits and I brought some for Cyno to try. Would you three want some as well?" Tighnari asked as he took out a box in which very fresh looking lychees and berries were kept in a very organised manner.

Iris agreed as soon as she saw the lychees and went for one. While Carla did the same but muttered a little 'thanks' before doing so. I tried the lychees first and then the berries.

They were really delicious and sweet.

"So, which one of these two do you guys think tastes better?" Tighnari questioned.

"The lychees, I think. Or maybe it's just because I like lychees. Idk." was Iris' answer.

" I liked them both. " Said Carla.

"Me too but I liked the berries slightly better." I confessed.

"Speaking of berries, Ainsley, it was 'berry' nice to meet you. " Cyno stated out of nowhere and all of us, except Tighnari who just facepalmed himself, turned our heads to face him. No one dared to speak a word. It was dead silent.

"Do you get it? Very nice to meet you. In this sentence, I replaced the word very with berry as they sound similiar. Since I'm pleased to meet you, I-"

" We get it. They're not funny, Cyno. You're jokes. You three think so too, right?" Tighnari cut him off.

We three nodded in agreement.

"They're not very laugh provoking but I think it's very sweet that you tried to brighten the mood up." I spoke out breaking the awkward silence.

" Really? Then I'll make more then-" He sounded like a child when he said that. Cute- wait no, that's not what I meant.

"Damn. If it were Nora you would've cussed the shit outta her until yall got tired. " Carla said in a mocking tone.

" You make it sound like I'm very mean to you guys! I'm not mean, I'm just honest! "

" Whatever you say kid. "

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

" He's hot, I agree but ain't no way are you gonna see me in a relationship. " I declared while looking at the Carla who stood beside me. Before she had a chance to reply, Iris spoke out. Finally, I'm not the only one that gets cut off all the time.

"That senior of ours over there called for the four of us because we are not staying with our housemates. Or at least that's what Tighnari said."

" Oh there's Nora. " Said Carla completely ignoring what Iris just said. Iris was distracted and she yelled out Nora's name, catching her attention.

"Oh. Hey there. I've been looking for y'all." She said. "The head girl wants us. We don't share the same dorm as our housemates it seems." said Carla.

"Okay, we shall go then." with that, we left back to the Great Hall, where only the staff were present. I was just thinking about random things when a blonde girl spoke outta nowhere.

"Hello, I'm Penelope Clearwater, Ravenclaw. Your parents have requested us to give you separate rooms. So, you are gonna stay in the rooms allotted for this purpose. You can still use the common rooms though."

I guess that's the head girl. Her name was familiar but I didn't remember her at all. Well, it has been a lot of time since the last time I watched the movie or read the books, so I just forgot, I guess.

We, then, made our ways to the rooms that the head girl was talking about. While doing so, I got a chance to look around at the architecture of the school. Damn. I wonder how much it would've costed.

We came to a stop in front of a portrait of a beautiful veela. "The password is Mermaids." said Clearwater and the Veela nodded. Ayo magic is kinda cool, ngl. Dangerous but cool.

The door opened and in we saw a very cosy living room kinda place. There was a fireplace, a bunch of couches and it reminded me of a common room.

"You have other houses staying here too, and you should spend some time in the real common room so that you get along with your housemates." Penelope suggested.

"Okay, are we all supposed to stay in the same room?" asked Iris. "No, you do get separate rooms if you'd rather not be alone, you can share rooms." replied the head girl. Seems like dreams do come true.

She led us to our rooms as she spoke about the school rules. When I got to my room, I immediately went in after mumbling a thanks to the head girl.

It was a pretty spacious room. There was a bed, a big one at that. I felt relieved thinking that I wouldn't roll off the bed but now it was time for the most important part. The view out the window.

It was a very beautiful scenery but I didn't care about that. All that mattered to me was if a huge portion of the sky was visible. To my unfortunate ass, it wasn't. Only a fair portion of it was in sight. What a way to ruin my day. Well, at least I had Kuro, who can keep me company.

Kuro was a smart cat. If you were to tell me that Kuro was actually human, I'd believe you. He made up for the absence of a TV in here. I had my phone but I have to run only on mobile data since they don't even have a wifi router here. Can't blame them, those were all muggle inventions. Honesty tho, idk how I'm gonna go with 2 gigabytes per day. This generation is like that, I guess. Well, fml.

The girls and I planned to meet up in my room after settling in our rooms so I sat on my bed with Kuro on my lap and my phone on my hand while waiting for them to show up.

After a few minutes, a very flush-faced Nora entered my room.

"Welcome to Ain-slay's abode!" I exclaimed, still seated on my bed. Kuro meowed welcoming her as I ran my fingers through his fur, petting him.

"What's gotten ya so flustered, lady?" I asked. "Nothing. It's nothing, really." Sus. But I just concluded that she embarrassed herself on her way here and didn't bother to ask her any further.

Soon the other two arrived and we just hung out with our cats. Kuro seemed to like the lively atmosphere as he would meow happily whenever any one of the girls petted him.

And they left to sleep at around 22:50 pm.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

More Cyno and Ainsley interactions coming up soon!!
-RJ<3

(word count: 1175)