what matters most. || twenty six.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Ainsley giggled to herself on hearing Serene's idea to annoy Paige.

Though, Paige denied it, it was very obvious that she had a thing for Kevin. A few minutes ago, Serene just came up with something that would drive her to craze.

And that evening after lunch was the best time to discuss it, since Paige was leaving the grounds for personal reasons.

Ainsley and Serene gathered at a corner in the great hall. They were accompanied by Olivia, Sydney and Sara.

"What do we call Kevin's imaginary girlfriend?" Sara whispered, not wanting anyone to learn what they were working on.

That was what they were gonna do. Create an imaginary girlfriend for Kevin but never tell Paige the truth. They wanted to see how long she would believe in it.

" Denise? " Serene suggested.

And they went with it.

They made stuff up as if their life depended on it. Ainsley spotted her friends. She gave them a little wave before joining the discussion again.

"So basically I and this Denise went to the same middle school where we were close friend. We are still in contact." Serene recited.

"I got to know her through you and we mostly just reply to each others stories." Ainsley said her part.

"Then coincidentally, she began dating Kevin around April."

That was the plot. That night during dinner, Ainsley casually brought up how Denise hadn't been posting much these days to which Serene played along and replied,

"Yeah she's busy these days. It's been weeks since we last talked."

"Who's Denise?" Paige spoke with confusion.

"Oh my friend."

"Which one?"

"The one that Kevin's dating?"

"What?" Paige stopped chewing.

"Since when?" She dropped the utensils. Tch, dramatic much?

But her actions grew even more dramatic after learning the duration of Kevin's supposed relationship.

"Am I the only one who didn't know?" She looked at the faces beside her.

She almost exploded. Paige hated when she didn't know all the things going around her and she was presented with just that.

"I don't believe you, I'm asking him myself." She marched towards the table that laid parallel to them and stopped in front of Kevin, who was talking about nerd stuff with Zena.

We predicted that she would do something like this which is why Serene gave Kevin a heads up. Dude seemed so happy, I guess he disliked Paige.

We were quite worried about Zena tho. She might ask him if that was true and that would lessen the impact on Paige. It would be better to make her think that everyone, even Zena Kasper, knew it except for her.