freebies. || eight.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

I scanned at the Ravenclaws' table in search of my friends but they were nowhere in sight.

I turned to the Gryffindors' table and just as I thought, Nora wasn't there. That confirmed my speculation that all my friends are somewhere doing dumb shit together, without me.

Well, I couldn't be bothered about all that when I took notice of the food on the table. I took a seat and got ready to dig in.

"Your friends aren't here with you, either?" I heard a voice question. I turned to my left to face Olivia Williams. She was also a third year. We are seatmates but we haven't really got a chance for a proper conversation. Nevertheless, I answered.

"Yeah. After all I did to raise them, they're so ungrateful." I placed a hand on my chest, pretending that I had a heartache.

She chuckled at me and spoke, "Mine too."

"Oh you're right. Are they giving away free stuff or what? Many people are missing." I let out, noticing that there weren't many present in the hall.

"Not that I'm aware of." Said a new voice.

Olivia and I turned to face the direction from which we heard the voice.

It was Andrea Dawson. Coincidentally, she was another one of my seatmates, but we were a lot closer than Olivia and I were.

"Your friends left you too huh, Andy?"

"I've told you not to call me that, Ain't-slay."

"Not Ain't-slay!!" Olivia said out loud while laughing and something about her laugh was so funny to me so I started laughing with her.

And fyi, I sound like a dying duck when I laugh, which explains why Olivia found my laughter funny and continued to laugh harder.

As the two of us just kept laughing at each other's laugh, Andrea also begun laughing at how we were laughing-

(Wtvr, yall got that, right?)

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

"THEY WERE GIVING AWAY FREE STUFF????" Yelled Andrea at her friend who just told her where all the missing students have been.

"SEE I WAS RIGHT!! MY INSTINCTS NEVER LIE!!" I yelled just as loud causing all the students that weren't looking at us, to look.

"It's all useless stuff though. Like what am I supposed to do with these panda socks? "

"ANYTHING FREE IS PRECIOUS! " I shouted right into her ear.

" Sis, calm down. It's not too late...right? " Olivia said trying to reassure the younger.

"They had very few things left when I was on my way here but if you're lucky enough, you can get something. Like tissues and stuff.. " Another one of Andrea's friends told, mumbling the last part.

Not wasting a second, I intertwined my arms with Olivia and Andrea and grumpily made my way to where things were getting hand out at.

After a long walk, not that long but it felt so, we spotted the site.