confrontation. || three.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Ainsley Carlton.]

It was a Saturday. I was supposed to leave to Nora's place with my parents. Our parents have all been friends for a long time, even before we became friends. They've never really told us how they became friends before but I have a vague memory of asking my mom and her replying that they met in high school which, given the fact that we're witches, would be Hogwarts.

We decided to confront them on this day. It's going to be pretty tiring so better grab a drink to refill my energy on the way.

I went up to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready. It took me like ten minutes to do that. Walking out the bathroom, I heard my parents talking about something in their workplace.

"Did you get your scores yet?" My dad questioned as soon as I came in sight to him.

"Nice to see you too, dad." I said and took my report card out of my bag and handed it to him. "Why can't you ever score above 90%?" He commented looking at my report card.

"I did? In English, Physics and Computer science." I corrected him. Well, little did I know that doing so was a grave mistake.

"Now, you're talking back. Just so you remember you live our my roof and I feed you so better not keep up with that attitude young lady." My mother was quick to admonish me.

My parents don't get along in many aspects but when it comes to scolding me, they're the best of friends. People fr be like 'you must be living a dream, you have no siblings' Bro, come live a day in my life. My parents make up for all the annoying siblings yall have got.

"And that boy next door? He's the one and only hope for his parents and he is responsible unlike you who don't even-"

" Dad, please. Let's just head to Nora's. And let's get something for me to chew on the way. I'm hungry." I stated and went towards to doorway to put my shoes on.

The car ride over was not silent. I may or may have not blasted TXT's whole discography. My parents looked like they hated it but we all know they enjoyed it it's the 4th gen leaders man.

Also, I got myself a can of red bull and some gum.

In about 17 minutes, we reached our destination.

Going inside the house, I saw that Iris and Carla had already arrived with their parents. My parents went over to greet their friends while I went over to mine.

"Ooh~ what's for dinner?" I asked the girls beside me. "Carpet." was Carla's reply. She was a sarcastic one. Nora laughed at her reply and Iris didn't realise until we were ready for dinner.

The dinner was quite normal. Nora gave us a signal mouthing the words 'imma start the convo' We all nodded at each other, preparing ourselves for what's about to unfold.

"So, I've never heard about how you all became friends. We would love to hear some moments of you guys' childhood." She started, looking obviously nervous. I bet she thought she was able to play it cool, lol.

"Yeah! We have a holiday tomorrow anyway." Said Iris, although it has nothing to do with whatever Nora said.

Nervousness was evitable in the faces of our parents. Especially my mom. Her face went red and her mouth agape.
"It was during our high school days that we met." Were the words that left the mouth of Mrs. Anderson.