as always. || fourteen.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶
[Third Person Pov.]

It had been a few months since the whole thing with Draco and Ainsley. And Draco was still onto preventing Ainsley from ruining her chances of getting with Cyno. Ainsley completely forgot about the whole crushing on Cyno stuff because she was too busy ruining Draco's chances of hitting on her best friend.

And yes, she forgot why she was doing that in the first place but still does it. Ainsley was an only child and her parents had always been away from home. That was the same case with Draco as well. They both made up for the absence of a sibling for each other.

A random holiday came around and everyone went to their houses. Ainsley too had gone to her parents' house for she did not want to spend time all alone in the huge school grounds.

But given Ainsley's short temper, she could not spend a day without an argument with her parents.

Some people have a rebellious phase in their teenage years but Ainsley's whole teenage years, so far, has been nothing but her being rebellious. Doing whatever she wants without giving a damn about what her parents say has been a daily thing now. This was one of the many times when her father lost her cool.

"You delete it now or I will delete anything and everything on that goddamn phone." Her dad threatened her as she sat unfazed on the coffee coloured couch.

"No, dad. I will not. Just leave me be." She rolled her eyes as the man which only caused his anger to rise.

He forcibly took her phone from his hands. Ainsley was about to yell when her mother stopped her. She knew all too well about her husband and figured it'd be best not to anger him more.

He entered the numbers of his birthday, which was Ainsley's password as he remembered. However, it was not right. His eyes left the phone to look at his daughter.

"What is the password?" He gritted not wanting to yell. "Idk." The girl mumbled. Her mother shook her shoulder mumbling a few words.

Ainsley, being told to give him the password to her father, gave in and spoke,
"It's 134340."

"And that is?" He never stopped glaring at her. "A song." She replied.

He unlocked the phone and scanned each and everything. He first opened her gallery and selected everything, except what looked like school stuff.

Ainsley who was watching all this was furious. Something that Ainsley really valued were pictures and records. She was always found capturing even the littlest of things. She believed that they could be cherished better that way. Seeing her father just select everything and delete made her so angry that.... She cried.

"Hey, don't cry." Her mother cautiously whispered. Ainsley's father had many toxic beliefs. One of them was that one should only do as much as shed a tear when they are hurt, physically.

"Give it back!!" She yelled between her sobs. Her mother let out a little gasp and hoped that her husband would ignore her daughter's cries.

He dropped the phone and stood up, his moves were mirrored by his daughter.

"Did I hit you?" He questioned.

Silence.

" Did. I. Hit. You? " He asked in a louder and sterner tone which Ainsley feared.

Driven by the fear, Ainsley shook her head slowly.

Then he asked her why she was crying but she could not reply. He asked her twice more, each time louder than before. Ainsley just cried harder both those times.

Her father lost his mind and gave her a slap across her face. Her mother quickly made her way to her husband's side. She knows that he hates hurting her but does it for her own good.

"Matthew, please. She's sorry, right Ainsley darling?" Her mom's mouth just kept rambling things as such.

Ainsley's sobs were put to a stop after that slap, but tears kept streaming down her face. It's now or never, she thought to herself and faced her dad.

"You had one chance at living your dream life but you couldn't, because of your alcoholic father. So what? You're trying to make me live that fantasy of yours instead? When I was younger, I asked you who your role model was. You told me that you didn't have someone you want to be like but you did have someone you did not want to turn out like. It was your father. And guess what? It's the same here. I would kill myself if I ever turned out like you. "

She knew it was all too hurtful and rude but she couldn't help it. She had kept quiet for 14 years now. After she was done speaking her mind, she picked up her phone and left for her room.

She opened her gallery and checked if all the 7000+ recordings and pictures were deleted. To her luck, they were in the trash folder so she restored them just fine.

Her mother sent her a text telling her to sleep. She also said that Ainsley could go to her friend's place if she wanted some time alone. Ainsley replied that she would be going to the Malfoy manor soon to which she got a thumbs emoji. She also received several voice notes. It was all just her mom trying to comfort Ainsley but she ended up taking her father's side, as she always did.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

It was the day before Ainsley was going to the Malfoy manor. She was currently heading to Nora's. It had been a few days since her fight with her father. She had been going out in the very early morning and coming back way past her curfew, just to avoid her father.

She was still very mad and upset over the whole thing so she did not dress up. She wore a simple white turtle neck with some baggy jeans and a pair of white sneakers. She had her hair up in a bun, it was the easiest way for her to style her hair.

She was sat in the back seat of her cousin's car. Her cousin, Sawyer, was driving it. He didn't know the details of their argument but just that it was a serious one, seeing how the girl hadn't spoken a word in a couple of minutes. He did not try to make her talk though, he thought it would be best to leave her to heal on her own.

Soon enough, they reached their destination, Nora's house.

Her friends noticed a change in her demeanor and did not hesitate to question it. Ainsley, being too worn out mentally and physically, just made something up. She did not want to recall everything that happened, she knew she would regret everything if she did so.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Angst🤩 I think I will be writing in third person from now on, it's more comfortable that way.
-RJ <3

(word count: 1166.)