Prologue

It was evening time. Agastya reached the restaurant with a lot of hopes. He was nervous as he was going to propose his lady love. But he knew that she loved him, so everything would go well. There was nothing to worry about.

He entered the place which was booked only for him and Rumi, the love of his life.

Rumi was standing near the table when Agastya came and back-hugged her. Rumi took a deep breath and slightly freed herself from him.

She turned to Agastya. Her face was telling a different story which Agastya couldn't see.

He was about to say something when Rumi said, "Ishaan proposed to me."

Agastya's face turned pale. He got scared all of a sudden. Did she accept his proposal?

"And?" He asked with fear, fear of losing her.

Seeing Agastya's face Rumi hugged him and started crying silently. Agastya gave a sigh of relief thinking that she didn't say yes. He closed his eyes and smiled. He shouldn't have doubted his love.

Agastya hugged her back and said, "Hey relax! It's fine."

Rumi broke the hug and held his hands. And it was the moment when Agastya found the ring on her finger.

His nightmare came true. Rumi left him for Ishaan. He looked at her with red eyes which were filled with anger and pain of betrayal.

"I'm sorry Agastya. I'm so sorry." She said somewhere feeling little guilty. "Listen what we had it was special and it can't happen with anyone else. But I always loved Ishaan. I couldn't reject him."

"You used me?" He asked with disbelief.

"Don't say that. Agastya you are the one who gave me wings. Tumhari wajah se main apne insecurities se bahar nikal paayi hoon aur iss hi liye aaj Ishaan mujhe mila hai. Now he also loves me like I love him. Tum sayad meri life mein aaye hi the mujhe aur Ishaan ko milane ke liye. I really love you Agastya but I love him more."

"You f**king used me." He said gritting his teeth.

"Maybe I did. But it happens. Love makes us selfish. Aur Agastya tumhe aaj bura lag raha hai. One day you'll also find someone. Maybe you'll find someone even better then me....."

"You f**king used me!" He roared and broke nearby glasses with his hand making Rumi scared.

"Ag...."

Before she could complete, Agastya left from there with a completely broken heart.

At Midnight...

Agastya was walking on a road in a drunk state. He was not being able to walk properly. Tears were continuously flowing from his eyes.

"I hate you Rumi! I hate you! I f**king hate you!" He was screaming again and again.

Meanwhile, at a far distance a girl was trying to take selfie with a group of old people.

"Yaar mere chhotu se camera mein itne log ek saath fit hi nahi aa rahe." She said making a sad pout.

"Baccha chhor dena agar nahi ho raha toh. Waise bhi itni raat ko kaun photo kheechta hai?"

"Din mein toh aap sab jagah ko dekhne mein busy rehte ho. Isliye iss pure Mumbai trip mein ek bhi group photo nahi aaya humara. Abhi jaate jaate iss 'I love Mumbai' ke saamne ek group photo toh leke hi rahungi. Bas koi mil jaaye photo click karne wala....."

Suddenly the girl noticed Agastya passing from there. She smiled widely and went to him.

"Hi! Actually main aur meri family Mumbai trip mein aaye the aur aaj hi jaa rahe hai. Jaane se pehle aap is 'I love Mumbai' ke saamne humari ek group photo click kar denge please."

Saying that the girl forcefully handed him her phone.

"I can't do this." He said sternly trying to return her the phone.

But she didn't take it back and said, "Bas ek hi photo ki baat hai. Zyada time nahi lagega."

That was it. Agastya threw the phone on the road and left from there angrily making the girl shocked.

"How dare you!" She screamed but it didn't affect him.

The girl picked up her phone and checked it.

"Scratches aa gaye. Abhi toh khareeda tha. Badtameez insaan!" She thought.

Few Days Later....

Agastya was lying in the pool of blood and people were gathering around him.

The girl saw him and uttered, "Agastya Ji!"

Then she looked at others and said, "Aap sab dekh kya rahe hai? Ambulance ko call ki jiye zaldi."

Soon the ambulance came and the girl took him to hospital with few other people.

Reaching there, the ward boys kept him on the stretcher and started taking him to the emergency department.

The girl was holding Agastya's hand which soon got separated.

It felt like her world stopped when they took him away from her. Teardrops escaped her eyes. She didn't know why this was happening to her. Why she was feeling that she had a deep connection with him? She hardly knew him.

"BabaJi, aap please inko thik kar di jiye. Apno se juda hone ka dard main jaanti hoon. Kahi aisa na ho aaj phir kisi se unka koi apna cheen jaaye." She prayed closing her eyes.
______________________________________

I know bohut logo ne broken but beautiful likh diya hai isliye ab main kyu peeche rahu? So here is my version of Broken But Beautiful.

Hope you will like the plot and it will be a great journey. I'll start this story after some days.

Cover credit: sidnaaz_alaxy